𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"Do you drink or eat soup?" you queried.

You and Mike have been having a debate about the most random-est shit ever for the last hour. The first one you did, 'does pineapple belong on pizza?' That one was quickly settled with a hard 'no'.

The next one was 'does stubbing your toe hurt more than banging your elbow?' You insisted yes, Mike insisted no, then proceeded to include very detailed points heatedly.

Another one was 'is a hotdog a sandwich?' That one took you forever to decide on an answer, and the said answer is still unknown to you both now.

And now back to your current question: 'do you drink or eat soup?'

Mike narrowed his eyes in thought. "Drink"

You scrunched up your nose. "Nuh-uh, eat"

He tutted "How do you eat a liquid?"

You sat up further in your seat, ready to shoot this mother fucker down. "If you ate soup out of a cup, then you'd be drinking it. But you eat it out of a bowl, with a spoon, so you're eating it" you stated your first point.

"Say you're at a restaurant. You'd have soup as your starter. Starters are only food" you continued. "If your thirsty, any sane person would choose an actual drink, for example water, not soup. Soup isn't the ideal material you would have as a refreshment at a restaurant, is it?" you blabbed.

You got super competitive and serious when debating with someone, whether it be a total stranger, your daughter, or even your husband.

Mike stared at you intently, then pursed his lips. He knew he wasn't winning this one.

You opened your mouth to prove your point some more, until you heard the front door open, then close again. After a short few seconds, your daughter walked into the living room.

"Oh hey sweetie" you smiled. She had left early this morning to go scrounging for jobs, as she was in desperate need for money. She had promised you that when she got a job, she would finally move out. She was 18 now, and she needed to be set free from the nest.

"Any luck?" Mike wondered. Y/N sat down on the couch next to him with a blank expression on her face. You waited in anticipation, until a happy smile spread across her lips and she nodded frantically.

You clapped excitedly as Mike ruffled her hair. "Amazing, kiddo!"

"It was just pure luck, too!" she started. "It was my last option. When I sat down for an interview, all they asked me was what role I would be interested in, and my name and phone number" she continued. "Oh, and my past experiences with work, and then they just hired me right there and then. I start on Monday" she explained.

You ever so slightly narrowed your eyes. That sounded all too familiar.

"What role did you apply for?" you asked.

"Maintenance" she replied.

"Will you be able to show us your new place of work?" you asked again. You had a slight hunch on where she was working, and you didn't know if you liked it.

She shrugged "Sure"

Mike finally asked the question you didn't know if you wanted to ask. "Where even are you working?"

And just like that, you were stood in the parking lot of Freddy Fazbears Mega Pizzaplex.

"You have got to be kidding me" you grumbled, as Mike and Y/N got out of the car.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐞 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 | 𝐅𝐍𝐀𝐅 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉