𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Your eyes widened "What if he's coming through that vent?" you pointed to the one to right in the wall, next to Mike.

He used his phone torch to look through the dark vent. No sign of Afton. You both let out a sigh of relief.

You were getting frustrated "We need to come up with a plan to kill the bastard, like, now"

"I think it's best we stay in the office" Mike said calmly, putting his phone back in his pocket.

You stared at him blankly "Stay in the office, are you insane?"

"Only for now, anyway. If we wander around looking for him, he'll hide. He probably knows this place like the back of his hand, there could be secret trapdoors or something" he explained. "If we go looking for him, he could be just at our grasp and then disappear. He'll play with our heads"

You sighed in annoyance and rubbed your temples as he continued "And even worse, he could-"

You cut him off "Fuck this" You snatched his crowbar from on top of the desk and stormed out the office. You heard his protests from behind you but you ignored him.

He tried grabbing your arm to stop you, but you snatched it away. You were walking so fast he couldn't keep up with you. He was quite small for a middle aged man.

He eventually lost you in the maze of halls. Good, you thought.

You gripped the crowbar tight with both hands "Where are you, fucker" you mumbled lowly.

You hid behind a wall as you heard shuffling. You fixed your grip on the crowbar, and rounded the corner, lifting it up to swing, but nothing was there.

You let out a small breath you didn't know you were holding, and lowered the crowbar slowly.

You scanned the area briefly, and when you were clear nothing was there, you turned around, but were suddenly pounced on.

It was Afton.

He was that heavy he knocked the wind out of you, as you tried to catch your breath. You cursed yourself as you dropped your crowbar in the fall.

Surprisingly, he did nothing (yet) to harm you. He looked deeply into your eyes and grabbed your jaw. He tilted your head to the side, and inspected the scar along your jawline (that he caused, when he tried to kill you many years ago)

"Y/N L/N, is that you?" he croaked. His voice sounded like he smoked 50 packs a day. "You look good" He turned your face so you could look directly at him.

"Yeah, unlike yourself" you hissed.

He chuckled lowly "And I wonder who did this to me" His grip on your jaw was firm. He was kneeling on your shins so you couldn't move your legs, as your hand was subtlety trying to reach for the crowbar.

"Just what are you doing here?" he asked in a sarcastically nice tone. You weren't gonna lie, every time he spoke you got a waft of his breath, and it stank.

"Three guesses" you replied. Unfortunately, the crowbar was just out of arms reach and you wanted to kick yourself.

"Wait, wait, don't tell me. You're here to..kill me?" he guessed.

"Ding ding ding" you said sarcastically.

He chuckled again "Change of plans. Instead, I'm gonna kill you"

He pulled a knife from behind his back, you didn't even notice he had one. Well, what were you expecting, it's William fucking Afton.