TBI 03: Beneath

[ Chapter 3: Beneath ]

Selene | Selvyna

I jolted awake as a deafening clamor pierced the stillness, assaulting my eardrums and shaking me from the depths of slumber. My head throbbed relentlessly, each pulsation resembling a repetitive drumroll reverberating through the confines of my skull. The agonizing ache made my eyes squint, seeking refuge from the piercing pain that echoed within.

Maingat na inilagay ko ang aking mga binti sa gilid ng kama, at ginamit ang aking mga braso bilang suporta habang sinusubukan kong itulak ang aking sarili patayo. Each step felt like a delicate dance, my head still throbbing with each movement. As I made my way towards the door, the room swayed slightly, the disorientation of my senses making it challenging to maintain my balance.

The wooden floor creaked beneath my weight, adding an eerie soundtrack to the chaos outside. As I reached the door, I grasped the cold metal handle, and with a deep breath, I slowly turned the knob. The door creaked open, revealing a scene of pandemonium that unfolded before me.

People were rushing past, their voices overlapping in a frenzy of urgency. Shouts and cries filled the air, blending with the distant wail of sirens. Questions swirled in my mind, seeking answers to the chaos that had disrupted the tranquility of this place.

I reached for a nearby wall, using it as support to steady myself as I took in the turmoil surrounding me. Mas lumalala ang sakit ng aking ulo, randam ko rin na para akong nauuhaw at nahihilo. The people were unrest, filled with fear and uneasiness. Hindi ko batid kung bakit parang may delubyo na dumating.

Then, as if on cue, a chilling and menacing voice pierced through the air, sending shivers down my spine. "Find her! Find that fucking white pearl!" it echoed, its words dripping with malice and a sinister intent.

My heart skipped a beat as I tried to comprehend the source of this ominous declaration. Was it a figment of my imagination? Or did it herald an impending danger that lurked just beyond my post?

The sun's warm embrace, which had offered a glimmer of hope just moments ago, now seemed feeble against the darkening atmosphere. The sky, once filled with the vibrant hues of the sun's ascent, now morphed into a sinister canvas of darkness. Thick, ominous clouds rolled in, obscuring any remnants of light that had dared to pierce through. The atmosphere grew heavy, broken only by the distant crackling of flames and the haunting echoes of screams.

The streets, once bustling with life and activity, now lay deserted and desolate. The echoes of footsteps and laughter had been replaced by the chilling silence of abandonment. Doors stood ajar, windows shattered, and remnants of daily life lay strewn across the pavement. The remnants of hurriedly abandoned belongings, abandoned vehicles, and shattered fragments of what once was a thriving society were all that remained.

As I lay there, my eyes fixed on the distant horizon, attempting to make sense of the chaos unfolding before me, a shadow emerged from the thick shroud of fog. Its form gradually took shape, revealing a figure moving with purpose towards my vulnerable position.

A chill ran down my spine as I heard the ominous words spoken from within the mist. The voice carried an air of determination, a chilling reminder that danger lurked in the darkness.

"I will find you, white pearl. I will never stop until I get what I want." The words hung in the air like a foreboding prophecy, leaving me with a sense of unease and an unsettling realization that I was being targeted.

Suddenly, as if sensing the imminent threat, an outstretched arm reached towards me. With a firm grip, it pulled me up from the ground, rescuing me from the vulnerability of my prone position. The strength in that gesture conveyed both protection and urgency, as if there was no time to waste. Suddenly, I felt my entire body fall into a pool of cold water.