TBI 04: Consensus

[ Chapter 4: Consensus ]

Selene | Selvy

I clasped my hands together to stop my fingers from moving due to the tension inside me. Ramdam ko ang panginginig ng aking kalamnan at ilang segundo ay maaari itong tuluyang lumabas sa aking sistema. I ran my left hand on my hair and moved my eyes to the side.

I was back sitting at the damp bed that woke me up, and it is still a mystery to me why I am here. At the back of my memory, I was following some goons towards Jasmine Lake then I stumbled. Nagising lamang ako ngayon at base sa reaksyon at pananalita ng mga kasama ko, parang may nakalimutan ako.

"I am a mermaid..." pagkukumpirma ko sa aking narinig mula sa tatlong lalaki na bigla na lamang sumulpot sa buhay ko. I scoffed just as I realized how absurd that could be, but given the fact that their faces don't change, I am the one who's crazy.

"We saw you last night soaked in the rain, we even thought you were a bear but you're far from that," said Admiral who made himself comfortable by sitting and putting both his hands on the wooden circular chair. Mukha siyang bata tignan, lalo't nakapa-inosente ng tingin niya sa akin. "We clearly saw your scales."

Admiral Sickerts. A tall but thin man with black hair and round eyeglasses. His height added an air of authority to his demeanor, while his slender frame conveyed an understated elegance. The sharp contrast between his dark, lustrous hair and the paleness of his skin accentuated his features, drawing attention to his expressive eyes framed by those round spectacles.

Behind those round eyeglasses, his eyes sparkled with intelligence and curiosity, hinting at a wealth of knowledge and experiences. The lenses, perfectly fitted to his face, seemed to magnify his astute observations and attention to detail. He looked so innocent but, innocence is a deadly actor.

"It's a mystery why you're in land, but that mystery will be answered if we bring you to the port and send you back beneath us," saad naman ni Lutch. Compared to Admiral, Lutch Richards exuded a greater sense of seriousness, yet there was always a subtle hint of mischief about him. While both individuals commanded respect and carried themselves with authority, Lutch had a distinct aura that set him apart.

With his wide shoulders and buff body, it would be easy for people to make the assumption that he is tough and unapproachable. Despite his impressive physical presence, his demeanor exudes an inviting aura. There is a genuine warmth in his eyes and a friendly smile that puts others at ease. His body language, though strong and confident, carries an openness that welcomes conversation and interaction.

If the two have this distinct personality, if I will add that up, it won't mean anything to the third man inside this room. Nakaupo ito sa isang silya hindi kalayuan sa akin. May hawak siyang malapad na gadget at tila abalang-abala sa kung ano ang tiningnan niya roon.

"Don't send me back there," I demanded. They emit the same expression when I first brought those words earlier. This time, I'm more determined. "My memories were erased, and I was told by the one who saved me not to go back to the sea. At first, I found it odd...I have ultra high hearing, I can't use my feet well, and I'm not totally hungry even if I haven't eaten for four days straight. It has been that long since I woke up."

"Four days ago? Hindi ba't nagkaroon ng masamang panahon ang Kaharian noong nakaraang araw? Ang lakas ng ulan at kidlat, sabi ng ilan sa mga manlalakbay galing kanluran, sobrang lakas ng hagupit ng alon ng karagatan," nagtataka na saad naman ni Admiral. He suddenly pointed his forefinger at me. "Hindi kaya't may digmaan na nangyari sa ilalim? Tapos nadala ka ng alon sa lupa?"

My eyes squint. "How would I know?"

"Right, peace..." he said.

"Even if it is true that she has no recollections, she can't stay longer on land," Lutch said, which made me even more confused. He glances at his companion for a while until he diverts his attention to me. "We recently handled the West Waters, so it hasn't been that clean and pristine. There are smugglers around the Kingdom, selling and exploiting marine creatures. The Queen of Zegordia had issued a protection order for your kind, but since humans always feel inferior over Dalaysian Creatures, they tend to suppress them."