TBI 38: Destiny

[ Chapter 38: Destiny ]

Selene | Selvy

We arrived safely in Dior, where it was decided that we would stay. Dior is home to the largest and expansive marine station. Additionally, the entire army was stationed here in preparation for the upcoming battle. I wasn't aware of when they had discussed blocking Sigrid's influence, but it was a necessary step to take now.

According to the discussions they had back in the Palace, Valan would depart with Admiral to meet with the waiting army before the attack. The Duke of Silverstein, as the protector and sole Duke of Dior, would also join the expedition. Meanwhile, I would be under Lutch's care throughout the operation.

They had informed me about the plan earlier. Admiral would disguise himself as me for the second time, luring Sigrid into the spotlight. Then, Valan would attempt a diplomatic approach. However, if Sigrid refused and war broke out, Duke Vyrre was prepared to act. The presence of a Gentry was also part of the plan. The Gentry held significant influence throughout Zegordia, and he would assist Valan in negotiating with Sigrid. In case the plan went awry, there was a secret plan known only to the individuals I mentioned.

I was filled with worry and anxiety. I prayed for the success of their plan and the safety of everyone involved. I have faith in Valan's leadership and conviction. Magagawa niya ito ng tama at magtatagumpay sila. Kailangan ko maging positibo dahil 'yon lamang ang kaya kong gawin.

"Valan, I can walk," may halos inis na saad ko sa kanya ng buhatin niya ako mula sa labas ng villa papasok sa loob hanggang sa pinasok niya na ang kwarto na siyang tutuluyan ko.

"Gusto ko lang gawin, bakit ba?" nakangisi niyang sabi sabay baba sa akin sa kama. He even tucked the lose strands of my hair behind my ear before lightly pinched my cheek.

"Nakakahiya kaya, maraming nakakita," saad ko sabay waksi sa kamay niya. I stood up and went to the nearest window to look at the Knights who was guarding us since we left Huin.

"They didn't see us," he said.

"Alam ko, kasi kapag magsasalita sila ng totoo, baka kamo mawalan pa sila ng trabaho," litanya ko na lamang habang nakakrus ang aking mga kamay.

Valan didn't counter my statement and just chose to shrug it off. He's not apologetic on what he did which made me frown even more. His eyes were emitting a different kind of glow, something that wasn't there before but blinding my eyes now.

"Kailan nga kayo aalis ni Admiral?" tanong ko sa kanya sabay lapit sa gawi nito. I held a few strand of his long blond hair. "Mas maganda pa 'yong buhok mo kaysa sa akin. Ano bang shampoo gamit mo? Share mo naman— Valan!"

I let out a brief yelp as he grabbed my waist and pulled me down onto the bed, making sure to support my head with his other hand to soften the impact. He positioned himself on top of me, causing my embarrassment to skyrocket, prompting me to slap his arm.

"What are you doing?" I threatened, my voice laced with a mix of annoyance and amusement.

"Nothing," he replied, mischief dancing in his voice, accompanied by a hint of sweetness. "I just want to see how you look from this angle."

"Valan!" I squinted my eyes at his teasing expression, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. I instinctively covered my face, hoping he wouldn't see my flushed complexion.

"Don't hide your face, Selene. I love seeing you blush," he said, his voice filled with affection. With one hand, Valan gently pried my hands away from my face and placed them on top of my head. "Now, look at me..."