TBI 19: Voice

[ Chapter 19: Voice ]

Selene | Selvy

Fear gripped my heart as I witnessed Valan's distress. His pain was evident, and I felt utterly helpless in this moment. The realization that he needed to be near the sea for his well-being only heightened my anxiety. Without hesitation, I reached out and held his trembling hand, offering what little comfort I could.

"Valan, stay with me," I pleaded, my voice filled with concern. "We'll find a way to get you to the sea, I promise. Kailangan mong manatiling gising, kailangan mong labanan ang sakit pansamantala."

His eyes met mine, reflecting both pain and determination. "Sel," he managed to say, his voice strained. "You have to run. They are still here. You need to go now."

I shook my head vigorously, my heart pounding in my chest. "I can't abandon you in this condition!" Panic and fear laced every word that escaped my lips. Desperately, I reached for the earpiece in my ear, only to realize it was no longer there. "I've lost my earpiece..." My voice cracked with desperation. Without hesitation, I grabbed hold of Valan's earpiece, hoping to establish a connection with Admiral and Lutch. "Hello?! Admiral, can you hear me? Lutch, I need help! Valan needs you!

Silence echoed through the earpiece, intensifying the growing surge of panic within me. My pleas seemed to dissolve into the air, unanswered and unheard. The weight of the situation bore down on me, threatening to consume my every thought.

A wave of uncertainty washed over, leaving me paralyzed for a moment. Nangingilid na ang aking mga luha habang nakatingin sa kanyang namumutla na mukha. I am panicking, any moment I might relapse that's why I tried my very best to not let my tears fall.

Think, Selene. Mag-isip ka!

Leaving him behind is not an option I can entertain. The mere thought of abandoning Valan in this vulnerable state fills with dread. Fear grips my heart as I contemplate the unknown dangers lurking beyond the confines of this narrow alley. The stakes feel higher now, and the urgency to protect his life intensifies, overpowering any instinct for self-preservation.

Ano ba ang gagawin ko? I've been useless ever since. Wala na lamang akong ginawa kundi maging pabigat na pas-anin. The only thing I ever gave to Valan and his troops is trouble, and now the outcome is unbearable. I had caused Valan too much pain, by just accompanying me through this journey.

Think, Selene...

Suddenly, as time seemed to freeze, an ethereal silence enveloped the surroundings, and a soft voice echoed in the depths of my mind, whispering, "Sing, Selvyna." The voice possessed a mesmerizing quality, compelling me to part my lips and let the melody escape. I couldn't discern its origin, but I instinctively obeyed.

The hum emerged from deep within me, starting as a gentle vibration and gradually gaining strength. My gaze remained fixed on Valan, searching for a glimmer of understanding in his eyes as the sound grew louder.

"Sel, what are you doing?" His voice, filled with confusion, broke through the melody. His face then showed a hint of panic. "Don't sing, they'll sense you quicker!"

Hindi ako nakinig. Despite his confusion, I disregarded Valan's question and instinctively reached out with my right hand, placing it gently against his chest where the pain seemed to radiate. A surge of empathy coursed through me as I sought to alleviate his suffering. His enigmatic blue eyes widened with surprise, and his lips parted slightly, as if he was taken aback by my actions.

As I continued to touch Valan's chest, a strange sensation washed over me, as if my voice held an inexplicable power. The sound resonated from deep within, carrying an otherworldly energy. It felt as though the very essence of magic flowed through my vocal cords, amplifying the hum into a melodic enchantment. The air around us seemed to stir, responding to the ethereal quality of the sound.