TBI 37: Farewell

[ Chapter 37: Farewell ]

Selene | Selvy

Our journey of love had only just begun, and yet the weight of the pressing matters at hand cast a shadow of worry over us. Time seemed to slip through our fingers like grains of sand, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency to savor every precious moment with Valan.

As we walked around the hallway, the sun casting a golden hue over the world around us, I stole glances at his captivating face. His eyes, filled with a mix of determination and longing, mirrored my own emotions. We were both acutely aware of the challenges that awaited us and the limited time we had together.

"I wish we could freeze this moment," I whispered, my voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

Valan squeezed my hand gently, his touch providing a much-needed anchor amidst the uncertainty. "I know, but let us make the most of the time we have. Let's create memories that will sustain us through the trials ahead."

A wistful smile played on my lips as I leaned into his side, finding solace in his presence. We continued our walk, relishing the beauty of the world around us and stealing stolen glances filled with unspoken words of love and longing.

With each passing day, our hearts grew fonder, and the need to cherish every stolen moment became more evident. We carved out pockets of time, stealing kisses under the moonlight and sharing laughter amidst the chaos that surrounded us.

The Banquet is near its end, time is ticking. His impending leave is about to arrive. Although the weight of our responsibilities weighed heavily on our shoulders, our love blossomed and thrived. We found solace in each other's arms, finding strength in the knowledge that we were in this together.

As the days slipped by, our love deepened, and the inevitability of our impending separation loomed ever closer. But we refused to let the worries consume us. Instead, we focused on building a foundation of trust, understanding, and unwavering support.

Together, we vowed to face the challenges that lay ahead, knowing that our love was resilient enough to withstand the test of time. We held onto each other, determined to make every moment count, cherishing the love that bound us together. For even in the face of uncertainty, we found solace in our love, and it fueled us to keep moving forward. Our journey was just beginning, and we were ready to face whatever lay ahead, hand in hand, hearts intertwined.

The weight of responsibilities settled heavily upon us as we sat in the peaceful ambiance of the palace garden. The scent of chamomile tea filled the air, providing a comforting backdrop to our conversation.

"Dion is leaving tomorrow," Miracle spoke with a hint of melancholy, sinking down onto the cushioned seat. This spot, a favorite of Frencia's for leisurely picnics, offered a momentary escape from the demands of our roles. "Deferas seems close on the map, but the journey itself takes months. I, too, am leaving for Finburgh to resume my duties—Miracle's duties."

A sense of understanding passed between us as we both grappled with the weight of our respective family responsibilities. While mine seemed to bear a heavier burden, Miracle's own struggles were not to be dismissed.

"You're right," I replied softly, taking a sip of my tea. "We are bound by these family responsibilities, each with its unique challenges. I am determined to bring an end to the conflicts that have plagued our families for far too long. That is why Valan and I are heading to the West."

Miracle's eyes reflected a mixture of admiration and sorrow. "You have always been strong, Selene, carrying the weight of your lineage with grace and resilience. It is a heavy burden to bear."