TBI 08: Tail

[ Chapter 8: Tail ]

Selene | Selvy

"I just heard that this Lord needs 50 heads for every transaction," I uttered. My head turned to the side where Lutch was standing. His presence suddenly became heavier, as if the gravity of my words weighed upon him. I glanced at Admiral next, searching for any hint of surprise or concern on his face. His expression remained stoic, but a flicker of realization passed through his eyes.

Ibig sabihin ay alam na nila ang tungkol rito. After that scene earlier, it seems like we all gather to address it. I don't know if I am cornered, since they don't really ask why that Werehorse was attacking me, instead, they ask about the one who abducted me.

"Marami nang lumalabas na report tungkol sa mga nawawalang mga tao sa maliliit na mga bayan. Mukhang nasa tamang landas tayo." Lutch crossed his arms as he spoke. His stare at me is marked with seriousness and determination. "However, I don't consider this as a coincidence, knowing that you travel from the coast up to this lake just to find the Commander."

"Oo nga," Admiral said. "can we ensure you're not an enemy? You already know what we are, and this is not something to be spread through the tabloids. We barely know each other, but we are all here."

"Mermaids are not to be trusted Dalaysian creatures, but you said that you had lost your memories. We don't want to be tangled with your own dilemma without grounds, so you better try recollecting them," Lutch added to the conversation.

Their words struck me with a mix of caution and skepticism. It was understandable that they would have doubts and concerns, given the nature of their existence and the potential risks involved in trusting a mermaid with lost memories. Naramdaman ko ang bigat ng kanilang pagiging maingat, habang naghahanap sila ng kasiguruhan at ebidensya na mapagkakatiwalaan nila ako.

Taking a deep breath, I met their gaze, determined to prove myself. "I understand your concerns, and I respect your caution," I replied. "I may have lost my memories, but I am on a journey to uncover the truth. I will do everything in my power to recall my past and find the answers we seek. I assure you, my intentions are sincere."

There was a brief silence that hung in the air, as they contemplated my words and assessed my sincerity. Ang pasanin ng pagtitiwala ay nasa akin, at alam ko na ang mga aksyon ay nagsasalita nang mas malakas kaysa sa mga salita.

"Perhaps, you don't even remember your name?" Admiral asked.

I paused for a moment, feeling a hit of uncertainty as I tried to recall any shred of information about my identity. I don't know if that name was mine or if it's a trick. How would I say that I heard a voice who called me Selvyna?

Selvyna Catherine Adelaide Forger. My heart skipped a beat as the sound of that name resonated in my ears. Selvyna. It carried a sense of familiarity, as if it had once been whispered in my ear by someone. The name stirred something deep within, tugging at the strings of my memory.

"Selene," I repeated softly, testing the syllables on my tongue. It felt right, as if it belonged to me in some profound way.

Admiral and Lutch exchanged curious glances, sensing the significance of the moment. "Selene," Admiral says. Suddenly, his eyes sparkled. "It suits you. The embodiment of the moon's enchanting beauty and ethereal light."

Minsan parang nararamdaman kong may saltik sa utak ang lalaking 'to. One moment, he could be looking at me with a serious face, and then he switched it up with an innocent look. Contrary to Admiral, Lutch stayed with his expression. I don't even know if shapeshifters could be this friendly.