TBI 25: Hesitation

[ Chapter 25: Hesitation ]

— Omniscient —

In the vast realm of Dalaysia, the existence of Dalaysian creatures was steeped in history and mystique. Each creature possessed unique features, but they all shared a few common traits, and one of them was their mating ritual. These extraordinary beings mated for life, but finding a mate within the same timeline was a rare occurrence. For most Dalaysian creatures, the search for their soulmate meant waiting for centuries or even millennia, and only a fortunate few were able to find love, often with a bittersweet outcome.

In the Sea Kingdom of Adelaide, the mermaids' mating process was a highly anticipated and sacred ritual. It held not only the promise of a prosperous future but also ensured their deep spiritual connection. For a mermaid, finding their mate was believed to be relatively easier, as even a single state of recognition could guarantee the effectiveness of their bond. However, this knowledge eluded Selene, for she was merely borrowing the body of a mermaid and unaware of the intricacies of this ancient tradition. These problems at hand are giving her uncertainties, but despite the fear, she wished to end this once and for all.

A few days have gone by since they attended a birthday celebration. They moved to a private property that has free access to the sea. It is another day where the sun is extremely bright. But, it seems like the people of the West of Zegordia seem to love the summer heat.

Suddenly, Lutch Richards arrived at the villa after running an errand. Lutch Richards hurriedly made his way to Valan's side, calling out, "Valan!" He observed Valan's gaze fixed in a particular direction. Following Valan's line of sight, he saw Selene playfully burying Admiral in the sand. "Wait, since when did those two get so close?" Lutch wondered aloud, trying to recall when this camaraderie had blossomed. He diverted his attention back to Valan and teasingly asked, "Selos ka ba?"

Valan looked at him with a bored expression, choosing not to reply verbally. However, his silence and expression already conveyed his feelings to Lutch, who grinned mischievously and said, "Alright, alright. Chill ka lang, masyado kang mainit kaysa sa araw oh!"

Valan redirected the conversation, getting down to business. "What's the status?" he asked, attempting to shift their focus.

Lutch cleared his throat and began his report. "The city is gradually returning to a peaceful state," he started. "The Commissioner has done his job, and the various sectors have agreed to follow the proper procedures. If we can get the documents started, we can send them to the Palace for the official decree."

"And how about the missing villagers from the Northwest?" Valan inquired. His gaze is still fixed towards the two people, and the more he looked the more his eyebrows crossed and his intense stare began to give him frustration.

"Oh," Lutch paused briefly, clearing his throat once more. "There has been movement in the East. It seems the abductions are following an untraceable trail, crossing borders without being detected. I'm curious about this lord they keep mentioning," he added, his curiosity piqued.

"Continue tracing them, and retrieve the people as much as you can," Valan ordered. "This matter is not related to my mission, but the Queen wishes for me to report what we are observing here. She already has someone who can assist in this matter."

Valan issued a clear order, instructing Lutch to continue tracing the abductions and rescuing as many people as possible. He emphasized that this matter was not directly related to his mission, but the Queen had requested him to report any observations. Valan revealed that the Queen had already assigned a Gentry to assist in the case.

"We only have 12 Gentries, representing twelve States with no royal blood. Who among the Gentries?" Lutch's curiosity got the better of him as he pressed for more information. "Sino naman daw?" he asked, eager to know which Gentry had been assigned.