TBI 21: Whole

[ Chapter 21: ]

Selene | Selvy

It was early in the morning, and the sun had just begun to cast its golden rays upon the world. The thirst that consumed me was not only confined to my throat but had spread to every pore of my being. My skin felt dry and deprived of moisture, and even the air I breathed seemed devoid of life-giving sustenance. The yearning for the sea had intensified, an unquenchable longing that called out to me with every breath.

Determined to find relief, I devised a plan to venture out in search of water. The bathtub had offered no effect, leaving me with an insatiable need to immerse myself in the embrace of the sea.

I tried to use my voice to lure the two to sleep. I thought it wouldn't take effect but I was glad it did. It felt like I could give command when I sang, just like I wished for Valan's pain to ease, I used my voice to drop Lutch and Admiral's consciousness.

Stepping out into the crisp morning air, I could sense the urgency of my quest. The streets were quiet and serene, as if nature itself was aware of my desperate mission. I hastened my steps, driven by an invisible force pulling me towards the vast expanse of the ocean.

Bumalik kami palapit sa baybayin para masiguradong maayos na ang kalagayan ni Valan. We were supposed to leave Daer yesterday, but we were ambushed while going to the train station. Valan said we would lay low for now, to avoid going to crowded places because the government issued summons after the incident. Hindi kami maaaring madawit sa gulo, kahit kami naman ang pakay ng mga 'yon kahapon.

As I approached the shoreline, the rhythmic crashing of waves filled my ears, their melodic symphony promising the relief I sought. The sparkling water stretched out before me, glistening under the early morning sun. Without hesitation, I waded into the refreshing embrace of the sea, feeling the cool touch against my thirsty skin.

With each step further into the water, a wave of tranquility washed over me. The saltwater enveloped my body, nourishing and revitalizing every inch of my being. It was as if the sea recognized my yearning and responded with its own healing energy, soothing the dryness within me.

Under the gentle caress of the waves, I let myself float, surrendering to the ocean's embrace. The worries and cares of the world faded away, replaced by a sense of serenity and rejuvenation. In the midst of the vastness, I found a moment of pure bliss and connection with the elements.

As the morning sun continued its ascent, I stayed in the water. Iniisip ko kung bakit hindi ako nag-anyong serena kung nandito naman ako sa tubig. Siguro may kailangan gawin ako para lumabas ang aking buntot. Hindi ko din naman alam kung paano kaya mukha akong tanga na palutang-lutang lamang dito.

"Selene..."

As the water gently lapped against my skin, I found myself compelled to lift my head, drawn to the source of a mysterious voice that echoed through the air. With curiosity piqued, I cast my gaze around, searching for the origin of this ethereal presence, but no visible form manifested before me.

"Selene," the voice called once more, its melodic tone wrapping around my senses. It was a woman's voice, captivating and filled with an enigmatic allure. Yet, I could not discern her identity. It was clear that this was not the voice of Fate of Esher, for it carried a distinct timbre.

"Who are you?" I questioned the empty expanse, my voice laden with curiosity and a touch of apprehension. Silence hung in the air for a moment, as if awaiting a response.

And then, the voice spoke again, its words woven with intrigue and mystery. "Dive under, and you will know."

A surge of both trepidation and excitement coursed through my veins. The invitation held an undeniable allure, beckoning me to explore the depths of the unknown. With a mix of anticipation and caution, I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what lay beneath the surface.