TBI 29: Banquet

[ Chapter 29: Banquet ]

Selene | Selvy

Nagising ako sa isang mapait na panaginip. Hindi ko maalala ang buong detalye, subalit ramdam kong may butil ng luha na dumaan sa aking pisngi ng magmulat ako ng aking mga mata. What does that dream all about?

"Selvy!"

I jolted when the door to my room opened harshly and Frencia's face of irritation and anger entered. She looked dazzling with her regal attire, but her baby face was showing a pissed off woman.

"Good morning," I said as I yawned.

"You overslept!" she groaned. "I told you we will be having a picnic by the pool, you clearly forgot!"

I tried to shake off the remnants of the dream, I listened to Frencia's complaints about me oversleeping. Despite her regal attire, her youthful face betrayed her annoyance. I knew it was my responsibility to accompany her for the planned picnic by the pool, but somehow it had slipped my mind.

"I apologize, Frencia," I replied, rubbing my eyes to fully wake up. "It seems the fatigue got the better of me last night."

She crossed her arms, a pout forming on her lips. "You're always tired, Selvy. It's like you're carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders."

I couldn't help but smile at her observation. Despite being a princess, Frencia had a way of seeing through the facade and recognizing my inner struggles. She had a wisdom beyond her years, perhaps influenced by the loss of her twin.

"You know me too well, Frencia," I said, standing up and stretching my limbs. "But today is a new day, and I won't let my tiredness dampen our time together."

Her expression softened slightly, and she nodded. "Good. Because I wanted to discuss something important with you."

Curiosity piqued, I walked towards her, ready to hear what she had to say. The bond between us had grown strong over the years I spent in the Palace, and I valued her insights and perspective.

As we made our way to the poolside, the morning sunlight danced on the water's surface. It was a tranquil and serene setting, providing a peaceful backdrop for our conversation.

"Ano ba ang gusto mong sabihin," tanong ko bago ako umupo sa nilatag niyang kumot sa sahig. I looked at the delicacies and thought I haven't eaten since breakfast.

"Valan is coming to Huin for the Royal Banquet," she said without hesitation.

Hindi ko tuloy makain ang kakahawak ko lang na pagkain. Ramdam ko ang pagkaseryoso sa boses niya kaya napilitan akong ibalik ang hawak ko sa lalagyan nito bago ko siya hinarap.

"He should be, he is a royal after all." I tried not to falter. "I won't attend the banquet, since the turmoil of my existence is still going on."

"Are you sure?" she said. "It has been two years, don't you miss him?"

"Miss? Hindi naging kami kaya walang miss-miss d'yan," natatawang saad ko. "Kumain ka na, baka gusto mo iwan pa kita dito, bahala ka mag-picnic mag-isa."

Napasimangot na lamang ang dalaga sa tugon ko. But, deep inside I am trembling in fear. Maybe because after a while, I will see him again. I have always been looking for this moment to come, to see Valan again after what happened, but it seems like I am not prepared for it.

After my conversation with Fate of Esher, and helped me save Valan, she brought me to shore. The General of the Assemblage, Dion Reagan Delray was waiting for me, along with the army he is with.