TBI 27: Phoenix

[ Chapter 27: Phoenix]

Selene | Selvy

As the scene unfolded before me, my heart sank with a profound sense of despair. It wasn't Valan who had come to my aid; instead, it was Lutch, battered and bloodied in his human form, his appearance a stark contrast to the majestic dragon he had transformed into moments ago. My eyes widened in horror, realizing that I had been deceived, my hope shattered in an instant.

Bago ko pa maiproseso ng buo ang sitwasyon, isang sigaw ang kumawala sa aking mga labi nang pilit akong hinila ni Lula palayo sa gilid ni Lutch. She hit him, and with Lutch's body weakened from the wounds he got earlier, he couldn't save me from Lula's hands.

The sound of her voice filled the air, a venomous manifestation of her rage towards me. "Shut up, bitch!" Lula's voice seethed with anger as she struggled to contain my cries.

Desperasyon ay dumaloy sa aking mga ugat habang ako ay lumalaban sa kanyang pagkakahawak, sinusubukang kumawala sa kanyang mga kamay. Ngunit ang aking mga pagsisikap ay nawalan ng kabuluhan, na nagresulta sa isang matalim na sampal sa aking mukha. The sting of pain mingled with the overwhelming frustration and helplessness I felt in that moment.

"One more word, bitch," Lula hissed through gritted teeth, her face contorted with anger. "One more word, and I will end you."

I mustered the courage to speak, my voice laced with a mix of defiance and knowledge of my worth. "Hindi mo 'ko mapapatay, dahil kailangan ako ng pinuno niyo."

Lula's eyes rolled with a mix of irritation and amusement. "Fuck it, maybe later," she sneered, her grip tightening around me. "But for now, you will do as I say. Move!"

Reluctantly, I complied, allowing Lula to lead me towards a dark van. As I stepped inside, my thoughts continued to swirl with worry and confusion. Where were Valan and Admiral? Why was it only Lutch who was present? I couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something was amiss.

Inside the van, the atmosphere was suffocating, the silence broken only by the sound of the engine. I stole a glance out the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lutch, but he was nowhere to be seen. Anxiety gnawed at my insides as I wondered what had become of him. Guilt washed over me, consuming my conscience, as I grappled with the realization that I had left him behind.

Bumaha sa aking isipan ang mga tanong, at ako ay humihingi ng kasagutan. Why hadn't I seized the opportunity to speak with Lutch when I had the chance? Why had I let fear and uncertainty dictate my actions? The weight of my decisions bore down on me, threatening to suffocate any remaining hope within me.

As the van rumbled forward, taking me further away, I vowed to find a way back to Lutch. I couldn't abandon him, not after all we had been through. Determination sparked within me, fueling my resolve to escape this captivity and reunite with the ones I held dear.

"Don't you dare scream," Lula warned, her voice laced with venom.

I met her warning with a defiant smirk. "I am not..."

Instead of screaming, I began to hum, channeling the power of my voice in a different way. In my mind, I envisioned the mighty waves of the ocean, their strength and fluidity. Almost instantly, water started to pour out from the hidden compartments of the van, filling the confined space.

Lula's eyes widened in disbelief and panic. "What the hell, Selvyna, stop!"

But I refused to yield. I continued to hum, my melody resonating with the water and fueling its surge. The water level rose rapidly, almost reaching our necks. Panic gripped the people inside the van as they struggled to open the doors, only to find them jammed.