05. Serpent's Tongue

(Sentences or words in bold italic are spoken in Japanese.)

As they walked into the DADA classroom, Sunoo chatted to him about lots of rumors that flied around the castle, "Did you know last year on Valentine's, Professor Jeongguk's breakfast table was filled with owls delivering him all the love letters." Jungwon merely shook his head as they stood outside of the classroom.

Minutes later, the door opened revealing a greatly handsome man in his mid twenties who smiled brightly at his students before beckoning them into the room.

He stood infront of the class, "Hello all, I'm Professor Jeon Jeongguk ㅡ your Defence Against Dark Arts teacher." At this, the majority of the female students started fangirling at him and he didn't seem to mind their giggles at all ㅡ rather, he enjoyed it.

Then, Jeongguk said, "I want you all to be prepared for this ㅡ I am aware that it's a bit dangerous, but I'd like you to see the subject infront of you before learning about it theoretically,"

He then let loose a snake ㅡ the class yelled, scared that it'd bite them. Professor Jeon came into the view, he smiled sheepishly, "Class, don't be afraid ㅡ it's not gonna bite or anythi ㅡ " The snake had it's hood out towards the Professor who himself looked nervous, dropped his wand some where on the ground.

"This professor's a git ㅡ how could ㅡ what the bloody hell are you doing?!" Jungwon slowly rose up from his seat, he looked nervous but he went near the snake slowly. The class stared at him wide eyed as he did so.

He went further close to it and said something to it in a strange language. The snake turned to him, hood still out. The snake slowly swayed as though it was dancing to a snake charmer's song.

It gave enough time to Professor Jeon to pick up his wand and cast a spell.

"Vipera Evanesca!" The snake vanished into thin air. However, Jungwon stood there still dazed.

Jeongguk approached him, "Mr Yang, are you alright?" He shook the younger wizard slightly by his shoulder, breaking his trance.

Jungwon didn't reply but went to his seat beside Sunoo immediately. The rest of the class kept whispering to eachother while pointing at him which indeed made him feel uncomfortable.

He started trembling, alerting the Hufflepuff boy who tried to grab his hand.

"Class," Professor Jeongguk clapped, "it's alright, that snake's gone. Let's study from our books, shall we?" He said nervously.

🪄

Wherever he went, he got stares from the pupil present there. Word spread like wildfire throughout the castle. Everyone knew what had happened in the DADA classroom. Not only that they stared at him, some of them even started to fear him.

Sunoo didn't talk much to him for a whole week. That alone made him believe that maybe, he wasn't fit to a be friend. Sunghoon and Jay on the other hand were busy in their N.E.W.Ts preparation to notice what was going on. Jungwon didn't know anyone else in the castle.

One day, while he walked alone about the castle, he heard sobs and voices from the Moaning Myrtle. First he ignored it as the negligible moaning of the girls' bathroom ghost, Myrtle, who has been haunting this particular place for years and years.

When he was about to walk away, he heard an odly familiar voice, "Your father couldn't have bought you this,"

Assuming the person was bullying someone, ㅡ a girl, infact, he went inside the bathroom.