10. The morning of Valentine's

The first week of February was extremely hard for Jungwon. Not because of studies though.

He really didn't want to miss out supper and apparently, Jane's warning about not getting supper if he weren't in the Ball, scared him.

So he was now looking for a chance to ask a few girls if they wanted to go with him. With no luck so far, he got rejected by everyone whom he asked.

Some of them already had partners and a few of them ran away before he could ask them. But Sunoo was doing better at this than he. Which wasn't really surprising as the mentioned boy was an outgoing, bubbly and a very adorable person.

"Jungwon! Pay attention to the bludger!" Taesan yelled at him when the said boy started getting distracted and didn't pay attention.

Jungwon shook his head and tried to get his worries out of his mind. Next match was against the Hufflepuffs and they had an excellent team.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better now!" He yelled back to the captain. The practice match continued for two more hours before it got dark and they couldn't play anymore.

"Jungwon? Taesan told me you were getting really distracted today. . . what's wrong with you?" Jay asked the boy when they had finished supper and were ready to go to their respective Common Rooms.

Jungwon sighed. "I can't find someone who'd want to go with me. . ." Jay eyed him. "I thought you weren't interested?"

"I don't feel like missing any supper that day." Jungwon explained. The older boy laughed. "Ah, that. Here I thought that you really wanted to go to the Ball with someone. You know, to enjoy for once?"

"You can laugh all you want to. You have a partner already ㅡ you don't have to be worried because you're partner-less, do you?"

Jeonghan appeared in the scene. "What's the matter?" Both the boys turned around. "Hello professor." They said in unison.

Jeonghan greeted them back and repeated his question.

"Nothing professor. He's just looking for a Ball partner." Jay explained. Jungwon lowered his gaze to the floor, blushing in embarrassment.

Oh only if I could use Avada Kedvra on you.

Jeonghan smiled. "Well. Best of luck with that." Saying, he turned and left.

"Why would you tell him that?" Jungwon turned to his older brother with a glare. "He asked me." Jay answered nonchalantly.

The Ravenclaw boy rolled his eyes and walked away from Jay.

🪄

"Hey Jane!" Jungwon called out upon spotting her seated on an armchair. She looked up and smiled. A hint of sadness visible in her expression. "Oh hey," She said, sitting properly.

"Um ㅡ er, are you doing alright?" Jungwon asked her, catching her off-guard. "Oh ㅡ what? Yeah, I'm. . . alright!"

"I don't believe you." Jungwon scoffed. Jane sighed. "I really shouldn't be bothering you with my problems. We're not close, Yang."

"Yeah. But you know ㅡ I can help you out, maybe? Or. . . you'll feel better if you just let it out, maybe?"

Jane chuckled. "Never tried to comfort one before, have you? I quite understand from the hesitation. . .no, not at all complaining."

The boy said, "So you'll tell me about it?" Jane nodded hesitantly.

"Ricky was hit by a dangerous spell infront of the Moaning Myrtle today. . . guess what? It was Snake's and Choi's doings."