19. Traitor?

Next day as he strolled about the castle on his own, Jungwon couldn't help but think anxiously about the letter he was going to recieve soon. Now and then he would peek at the windows nearby, awaiting the Great Grey Owl's arrival with his grandmother's letter.

Time seemed to pass slowly as Cinders didn't arrive till after lunch that day. He kept looking around at lunch, hoping to see a big mop of grey feathers.

After lunch when he and Sunoo along with their fellow Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws walked towards the Defence Against Dark Arts' workshop, his boyfriend looked concerned.

"Hey you keep looking around today. . .what's wrong?" Asked Sunoo with a worried gaze toward the Ravenclaw.

Jungwon laughed nervously. "Oh, absolutely nothing."

This answer however didn't satisfy Sunoo at all. But before he could raise another question, the classroom door opened and they were called inside.

Half-way through the class as Jungwon gazed around boredly, his peripheral vision caught a glimpse of a greyish thing outside the window. Almost immediately he turned his head and saw Cinders trying to get inside through the window.

He nudged Sunoo and nodded his head towards Cinders who was outside. Sunoo took notice of the bird and asked in a whisper, "Is that yours?" The other nodded at him slowly.

Then, Jungwon hid his wand under the desk and pointed towards the small board behind Shikwoo and uttered and incantation to make it fall. It made a loud bang as it fell, carrying away everyone's attention to it. Shikwoo chuckled, amused as he went to pick it up.

Taking the chance, Sunoo opened the window and let in the owl. The boys hid Cinders under the table until class ended.

As soon as the bell rang, Jungwon performed another incantation to make the board fall again. Shikwoo looked slightly agitated as he went to pick up the board. Jungwon and Sunoo mixed with the students as they carried the owl away from the classroom.

Once they were far from Shikwoo's classroom, they ran towards the Great Hall and went out of the Entrance Hall towards the grounds.

There, the boys let out Cinders. The said owl sat on Jungwon's shoulder as Sunoo untied the letter from his feet.

"Let's go to the Owlery, rest there before going back. OK?" Jungwon said to Cinders and caressed her head. Sunoo could only follow his boyfriend and watch him.

Once Cinders was safe in the Owlery, Jungwon and Sunoo started reading the letter.

Jungwon's eyes moved rapidly around the parchment as his eyes grew wide from surprise.

He felt a few tears pricking at his eyes as he finished reading the letter. Sunoo wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "What's written there?"

Jungwon could only sniff and wipe his eyes with the back of his hand.

"It's just. . .I feel very surprised that. . .that the there was so much to the truth. N-not only that my parents are d-dark wizards, Sunoo, even th-that they're planning to use my abilities." Jungwon spoke in a shaky tone. They were in the Room Of Requirements once again. It was where no one could hear them speak, the only place where they could talk about secrets.

Sunoo's eyes widened. "They're what? Jungwon. . .what are you saying?"

"Yeah," said Jungwon. "I didn't tell you that. But in the classroom that day, they told me that they used to be You-Know-Who's followers. . .not only that, but they're so proud to utter it."

"Grandma wrote that I should be safe until she can contact the headmistress."

Sunoo patted his back. "Everything's going to be alright, you've Jay, Sunghoon and me. What's there to fear?"