09. At the Hogshead

Sunoo came rushing towards Jungwon after dinner, later that week. He smiled at the Hufflepuff boy on noticing him. "Sunoo! What's up?"

Sunoo smiled brightly at him too. "Hey Won! I was. . . thinking about asking somebody to the Ball," He said with slightly red ears and a smile that was shy.

"What about you? Who are you taking?"

Jungwon shook his head. "I'm not going. . .plus nobody's interested in me, atleast I don't think so." He said casually, not noticing the drop in Sunoo's mood.

"Oh," He said putting on a fake smile. "That's OK. Anyways, where were you off to?"

"Library."

Sunoo grinned widely, his eyes turned into crescents. "I'll go with you!"

🪄

As Sunoo sat on one of the couches of his common room, Sam came to sit beside him. "Hullo, Sunoo!" She said loudly, catching Sunoo off-guard. The said boy still returned the greeting with a big smile.

"Hello Sam. . ."

Noticing the odd gloominess in his voice, the ravenette asked, "Are you alright?"

Sunoo stayed silent for a while. Then, he sighed audibly and turned to her completely. "Sam. . .is it weird if I like guys?"

The girl in the question laughed. "Sunoo, you know I'm a bisexual, right?"

Sunoo shook his head, "I'm sorry, I didn't know." Sam chuckled, "OK. Now you know." The Hufflepuff boy nodded. Sam, then, said with a reassuring hand on the smaller boy's shoulder, "It's not weird. You can like whoever you want to."

A genuine smile decorated Sunoo's face. He then said, "You see. . .a friend of mine is gay too, and he reckons he has a crush on his bestfriend and he wants to ask the said boy out. . .he asked him about his plans for the Ball and his potential crush said he doesn't want to go to the Ball at all. . .what should he feel about this?"

Sam thought for a while. "Well. . . it's not like he rejected him, right? So he should feel OK, but afterall, emotions can't be completely predicted or controlled by someone, can they?" Sunoo nodded at this.

Alright, He thought to himself, you definitely are overthinking now.

Sam leaned into his ear and whispered, "I have a crush on this Slytherin girl and she too fancies me, I'm gonna ask her out tomorrow." She ended the sentence with a shy giggle as she leant back. Sunoo showed her a thumbs up. "All the best, Sam!"

"Who's she though?" He asked with a smirk a minute later.

"Nishimura Konon." She confessed with a low voice. Sunoo 'oohed' at her teasingly.

Sam hit his arm playfully. Then she bid goodnight to him and took off towards the girls' dormitories.

🪄

Jungwon sat before the fireplace on an armchair with his unfinished Potions' essay on his lap. He stared into space, the essay sat on his lap long forgotten.

"Do I need to go to the Ball?" He said out loud with a dazed look, not really paying attention to his surroundings.

A girl had came in the Common Room five minutes prior. When she heard him mumbling something to himself, she couldn't resist answering.