04. Ravenclaw Vs Gryffindor

(Words and sentences in bold are spoken in Korean.)

🪄

Slightly cold winds blew on the grounds indicating the arrival of November ㅡ which brings the first Quidditch match of the season ; Jungwon's first ever Quidditch game.

Nervous, he was. Though he masked that up with a neutral face and didn't smile too often throughout the breakfast and then shortly dispersing to the grounds.

He met his team captain, Han Taesan there who was the seeker. Apparently a huge part of the team, Jungwon would say.

"Nervous?" He asked the beater. Jungwon nodded slightly to which Taesan smiled and patted his back. By then, the whole lot came to join them and they took off to the Ravenclaw dressing room to prepare for the match last minute. 

"Keep your eyes on the bludgers, get that?" Taesan said as he handed the bat to Jungwon. The whole team went out on the pitch, Taesan walking in the front. Jungwon could hear his heart beating faster and his throat went dry at the sound of people cheering. He didn't want to look at them. He felt alot more nervous now.

They came at a halt infront of the Gryffindor team. Park Jimin, the Quidditch Teacher and the referee came in between them. The two captains shook their hands and at the whistle of the referee took off.

The game begun. The two teams high up in the air, Chasers soaring in the air with the Quaffle being passed til it reaches one of the hoops which were guarded by the Keepers. Seekers of both the teams kept their focus on a small golden ball that they needed to catch to win the match in most cases. 

Jungwon sent a bludger towards a Gryffindor Chaser when he noticed he was going to score, resulting in him loosing the control of his broom. The other beater, Winter, sent him a smile.

The match went on and on with the Chasers of both the teams scoring and the Keepers protecting the goalposts. The Beaters sent bludgers towards the other team and protected the players of their own team.

In the middle of the match, the Gryffindor Beater, Wooyoung sent a mad bludger towards Chaeryoung, the Ravenclaw Chaser who was focused on making a goal and didn't notice. Jungwon, on noticing rushed his broom towards the incoming bludger and sent it away.

Chaeryoung made the winning goal for Ravenclaw right before Taesan caught the Snitch, and their team won.

Jungwon felt alot lighter when the match was over, however they were still celebrating in the air. Later in the Common Room, Chaeryoung came up to him, "Thank you for defending me. I was able to score because of you, else I would have been in the Hospital Wing."

Jungwon chuckled and shook his head in the reply, "My job is to protect my team. Ain't it?"

Chaeryoung offered him a wide smile before joining her friends in the celebration. Jungwon sat back in the couch, not really wanting to join the party.

Sunghoon came to sit beside him and congratulated him, "That was amazing, how you hit that mad bludger!"

Jungwon didn't say anything, merely nodding. Then, he got up and stretched, "I'm going to bed now, good night."

🪄

"You were so amazing yesterday!" Jay hugged his brother when Sunghoon and he approached The Great Hall for breakfast the next day. Jungwon offered him a tight lip smile and said, "Afterall, Quidditch is for me, I reckon."

Sunghoon slapped his back, "Who said it wasn't for you?" As Jungwon turned to glare at the boy, he spotted a wizard in yellow Hufflepuff robes skipping towards their lot. A smile formed on his lips, unknowingly. And he approached him.