CHAPTER 24

"The guest list seems fine," Queen Elora said, and Kate let out an audible sigh of relief.

"Are the decorations and theme approved?" Eric asked anxiously.

Elora closed the holographic screen in front of her, and looked at him.

"I still don't understand what you, Lucian and the girls are doing here," she said.

"They're our creative advisors," Adelaide jumped in to say.

"Creative advisors," Elora repeated, looking at them like they were crazy.

Aurora didn't speak a word.

"But yes," she continued. "The decorations are good, and the theme is quite interesting. The invitations?".

Aurora handed Queen Elora her sketchbook, and saw her see the three invites - one a typical Halloween party invite with bouncy words, the next a card looking like it was made from the Victorian Era, and the third being an invite with the words in the font of Times New Roman and that of a typewriter.

The Queen skimmed through them a few more times, before choosing the last one. She gave it back to Aurora, who was careful to make sure their fingers didn't touch.

"Huh," Eric said. "That's Aurora's favorite as well".

Aurora still didn't speak. 

"Will the invites be hand delivered, or sent virtually?" Elora asked, looking at Aurora, expecting her to answer.

But Kate jumped in. "We'll have them hand delivered by the next week, and also send a virtual invite as a reminder two days before the ball".

Elora nodded.

"Thank you, My Queen," Adelaide said, and they all walked out of the room.

"Aurora!" she heard the Queen call.

Aurora turned back slightly.

"We loved the painting. Thank you," she said, smiling tentatively.

Aurora curtsied and left the room.

"You know you can talk to her, right?" Eric said, once she joined them.

"For what? Every time she tries talking to you mother, she gets insulted and hurt. She doesn't deserve it," Adelaide said, speaking for her.

"It affects her just as much as it affects you. She's very fond of you, Rora," Eric said, still looking at her.

"So is my mother," Lucian added.

Fond of her.

What a joke.

"Right," she said, stalking in front of them.

"Aurora! Wait up!" they said loudly.

"I'll be in my room finalizing the design. Alone," she called back, walking away.

***

The ball was a great success.

Aurora, dressed as Emma, from Jane Austen's masterpiece was making periodic rounds around the ballroom, making sure everything was alright.

The decorations were perfect - Kate truly was amazing when it came to those.

"Aurora!" she heard a few voices call, and she whirled her extremely ruffled dress to face the twins running towards her.