CHAPTER 25

"That was by far the best Ball I've ever been to," Edward said, a bounce in his step.

Elora smiled at him and said, "Yes. When the girls chose the Ball, I definitely didn't expect them to do this".

"It wasn't the conventional," Edward stated, looking at her as she kicked her slippers away, and padded on the carpeted floor.

"And thank God for that," Elora said, laughing slightly. "The other events hosted by the rest of the competitors were theoretically perfect. Elena absolutely hated it - she said she felt like she was in the 1800s".

"I mean, it is Elena," Edward said, while Elora shrugged. "I loved the games, especially".

Elora stopped in her tracks. 

"Edward Forbes Schreave. Did you sneak out and play the games?" she asked, laughing.

"That's the advantage of wearing a hat," he said, grinning like a small boy, tugging at the hat on his hair.

Elora shook her head in disbelief, still laughing.

"So are they the ones assured a spot in the Elite?" Edward asked.

"Yes," she replied, nodding. "By the way - did you see Elena anywhere? Because I haven't seen her in a few hours".

"I think I saw her slipping away, sometime back," her husband replied. "And by the way, I don't think Aurora appreciated your comment very much".

Elora sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. I meant like... I just can't see her as his bride. You know?".

"I do," Edward said, sighing. "I do understand. But that's not how it came out".

"We shouldn't really care what she thinks, right?" Elora half asked.

Edward nodded. "We shouldn't. We can't let strangers take so much liberty with us".

"But she just doesn't feel like a stranger, you know?" Elora said.

"I know. I know," Edward said.

"Why do we care so much about what she thinks, Ed? She's just another of the Selected, who may or may not be eliminated soon. Why do I feel so... different in her presence?" Elora asked, as they stepped into their outer chambers.

Edward dismissed a few of the holographic files that floated mid air, waiting for him, and led her to their dark, inner chambers. 

"I don't know, Lora," he said.

Elora took her hat off, and pushed her hair to her side.

"Zip?" she half asked, looking at her husband.

Edward moved towards her slowly, and pulled the zip down slowly, kissing every inch of exposed skin.

Elora shivered slightly when a voice screamed, "OH! AAH! EDWARD AND ELORA! EDWARD AND ELORA! OH MY GOD! OH MY EYES! MY EYES! AAH!".

Elora squealed and jumped, holding her falling dress by folding her hand around her chest.

"ELENA!" she screamed.

"This is our private chambers!" Edward said, his face a deep shade of mauve.

"Who told you to grope her like that?" Elena asked him.

"She's my wife! And this is our inner, private chambers, not welcome to anyone!" Edward exclaimed.

"To anyone but me," Elena said superiorly. "I've shared everything with Elora since before we were born. I'm not going to change that now".

"Dear Lord," Elora said. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!".

"A heart attack?" Elena screeched. "The two of you just scarred me for life!".