CHAPTER 51

"That was so hardcore," Elena said, once Elora had herded all of them back to the corridor.

"Not the words I'd use, but I agree," Annika said, leaning on the wall.

"Despite being in bed, her posture was that of a Queen," Dhiya added.

"And she sounded exactly like Charlotte," Mei said, shuddering at the mention of Edward's extremely scary mother.

"Oh my God, yes!" Laura exclaimed. "Like the way her eyes literally seemed to burn through you - that was exactly how Queen Consort Charlotte was".

"What did Katherine mean by the 'abuse victim' part?" Stella asked.

Elora took a deep breath before answering, "Once Ella's adoptive mother died, her husband, that is, Ella's adoptive father turned abusive. He refused to give her food and water, and hit her every day".

Everyone stared at her in shock.

"You should have seen her when she first arrived," Elora continued. "She had to wear clothes that covered every inch of her body due to the bruises that dotted every part of it. She was practically stick thin. That's probably the reason why she looks so dainty even now".

"It was scary to see her back then, and her eyes... They seemed to always shine with sorrow, but she smiled and laughed so much. She never let her past affect her future," Elena said, repeating the words Elora had heard her daughter once say.

"But she still remains so... positive?" Vienna asked in a hushed voice.

"She believes that we can either choose to dwell on our past, or walk towards our future," Elora said, remembering what her daughter had told her a long time back. "And she decided to move towards her future".

"I don't think I've met anyone like her," Annika said. "On the outside, she appears quiet and confident, but she's shy, hates praise. She seems like a person who could never get angry, but she does, and when that happens, even I got intimidated".

"She seems very different, from you and Edward, the way she deals things," Elizabeth said, "Not conventional, and completely unexpected. But I guess she got that from the way she was raised".

Adelaide, Lucian and Eric glanced at each other, and went into one of the rooms, bringing piles and piles of blankets and pillows, and throwing it on the ground haphazardly.

"What?" Lucian asked. "We need to sit somewhere".

The Queens gingerly sat on the blankets, and the guards stared at how peculiar the royals were.

"Are you alright?" Elora asked him hesitantly.

"Me? I'm fine. Perfectly fine," Lucian said, looking at everyone who gazed at him skeptically. "No, I'm not upset with Aurora. Katie deserved what she got, and she needed to hear that. All of you practically coddled her. And I would done the same thing as my cousin if she had given me a chance".

"Will she be fine?" Elizabeth asked worriedly, jerking her head towards Aurora's room.

"She's both mentally and physically tired. She'll cry it out, but she'll be fine," Adelaide said.

Little did they know that Aurora wasn't crying.

"Any wedding dates in your mind?" Johanna asked, changing the topic, looking at Eric and Adelaide.

The two of them glanced at each other before Adelaide answered, "We both want to wait till Aurora finishes her education, and takes on duties as the Crown Princess".

"Because that's when the two of us will truly start having to do more work. We don't wish to start a family, or have other distractions before that. And I don't want Addy to give her career up after her marriage," Eric continued.