CHAPTER 39

Elora immediately sat near her daughter, pulling her head on her lap.

She saw the rest of them wading their way through the multiple flickering screens.

"She's unconscious," she said.

"She hasn't eaten in over a day," Adelaide said.

"She hasn't? Why didn't any of you tell me?" Elora asked.

"Lo," Elena said gently, asking her to calm down.

"She pushed us away to do work every time we tried to approach her, Mother," Eric said. "But you're right. I should have ensured she should have eaten".

"It's not your job, Eric. She's old enough to know when to eat," Katherine said, sounding uncharacteristically sharp.

"Kate!" Adelaide chided, and Lucian too looked surprised.

Elena and Elora exchanged glances.

"Give me the jug, Luke," Elora said, and Lucian took the jug from the table near to him, and handed it over to her.

"What are these?" Eric asked wonderingly, looking at the documents, reports, videos and articles that flickered around him.

Elora gently splashed the water on Ella's face, while Elena rummaged through the nightstand to find some ORS.

Aurora slowly stirred, pushing her face further into Elena's skirt.

"Ella," she said, gently shaking her shoulders. "Come on, get up".

She noticed that her daughter's feet were a dirty brown - she still hadn't washed them from the morning.

She had been so busy, working so hard to keep things in balance and find out who had stabbed Edward.

Aurora suddenly sat up, and looked around wildly, before relaxing.

"Have this," Elena said, thrusting the ORS to her, and before she could protest said, "You need your energy if you need to explain all of this".

Aurora downed the ORS in a few sips, and waved her hand, and the screens arranged themselves neatly.

"Come on guys," she told the twins who were sitting on the floor. "Time to go to bed".

She led them to the large bed, and tucked them in, gently kissing their foreheads.

"Ella?" Elanor asked, and Elora was surprised that Aurora didn't correct her.

"What is it, sweetie?".

"Daddy will be fine, right?" she asked.

"The King is just tired, Elanor. He needs a lot of sleep," she replied, sitting besides her for a moment.

"I'm glad you're my sister," Elanor said, hugging Aurora's thigh.

Aurora's expression was tender as she said, "Me too".

She slowly got up, and kissed the twins' foreheads again, before making her way back to her waiting family.

"You may all be wondering why I called you so late in the night," she said. "I've found some interesting information".

"So much?" Lucian said, pointing to the many screens.

Aurora nodded.

"But before I show you those, you need to see these," she saw, waving her hand.

About twenty holographic screens showing security footage of various areas of the palace stood side by side.

Aurora clicked on them, and the video started.