CHAPTER 26

"Aurora," someone said, nudging her.

"Mmmm," she muttered, turning her back at the person, not waking up.

"Aurora!" the person said more insistantly.

She pulled her pillow on top of her head and ignored her.

"The King and Queen want to see you," the same person said, and Aurora  snapped awake.

"This better not be a farce to wake me up," she said, rubbing her eyes with the back of her head.

"It's not," Andrea said, looking worriedly at her.

Aurora sat up, and craned her neck to see Kate still asleep in the next room.

"What time is it?" she asked. 

Kate always woke up early to do her daily exercises, and if she wasn't awake...

Well let's just say she always was.

"It's four in the morning," she said, fidgeting with her sleek, pencil skirt.

How she managed to dress up so immaculately was still a mystery to Aurora.

Aurora yawned, and said, "Fine. I'll take a bath and leave".

"They want to see you now. It's urgent," Andrea said.

Now Aurora was worried. "Am I going to be eliminated?".

"Unlikely, now that you're part of the Elite," her Mentor replied, a small smile on her face.

"WHAT?".

"Yeah the Queen announced it a couple of hours back," she said.

Did that woman ever sleep or what?

"Addy and Kate are going to be so excited," she said instead.

"They will be. This is first time so many people from Kent have been in the top seven," Andrea said.

Aurora nodded. "So I can't change now?".

"Nope".

"I'm in my jammies!" Aurora said, pointing at her clothes. "And my hair is a complete mess!".

"They wanted to see you immediately. No excuses," Andrea said, before adding. "Though you may want to brush your teeth. You don't want to kill the royals with your morning breath".

Aurora glared at her before brushing her teeth and walking out of her room, nearly toppling Lucian and Eric.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Nothing!" they said in unison, but Aurora caught a glance of what Eric was hiding behind his back.

"An air horn? Again? You kidding me?" she asked.

"Never mind that," Eric said. "Why are you up so early?".

"And why are you roaming about the palace corridors, terrorizing guards with your fierce pajamas?" Lucian asked, pointing to her unicorn jammies.

Aurora gave him a stink eye before replying to Eric, "Your parents wanted to see me".

"Now?".

Aurora nodded.

"You want me to come with you?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Nah, it's okay," she said. "I can handle it".

"All the best!" Lucian called out as she waved at them and briskly began making her way to the King's office.

Andrea hadn't told her where she was to go, but the office seemed like a safe bet.