one.

Bangkok, Thailand | Tangwai's Mansion

Rain's Point of View

"Congratulations on your new achievement, son. You had once again made your old man proud." Appa said while holding his wine glass towards P'Pai, smiling at him widely.

We're now celebrating P'Pai's successful bar opening. He bought it with his own money.

"Thank you, Papa. Thank you for having my back always." P'Pai toasted their glasses together making a 'clank!' sound. Both of them smiling widely at each other.

Hello?! I'm still here, stupid alphas!

"Ehem, ehem." I cleared my throat, making their attention turn towards me. "Have you forgotten about me, Appa, P'Pai?" I pouted as P'Pai laughed at me.

"Oh sorry, my little Raindrop. Here, toast with Phi, okay?" P'Pai leaned his glass towards mine and toasted our glasses. I rolled my eyes at him. Hmph! He always treats me like I'm still a baby!

"Dear, you're 19 now. But you're still acting like a child." Appa commented. "How's your studies going on huh? I haven't heard an update from you ever since last month."

My eyes widened at the sudden question. Shit, I'm screwed! I just failed our latest exam! Nevermind, I'll just lie my way out of it. "O-oh? I'm doing great, Appa! We just finished our exam a-and of course, I passed!" Nicely done, Rain. He won't be able to tell that you're ly—

"Oh is that so? That's now what I heard from your professor recently. In fact, it's the other way around." Shit! Shit! I'm screwed! "Rain Nuttarat Tangwai! You failed 2 exams in a row! And your professor said that you haven't even passed your project for his subject yet! What are you doing these past few weeks huh?!"

My body slowly deflated as Appa finished his scolding. I really am screwed now! These past few weeks all I've been doing was party with my friends and go on trips everywhere! But how am I supposed to tell Appa that?

"Papa, calm down. You're scaring Rain. He must've had a stressful week and couldn't focus on his exams which is why he got a low score. He told me how pressured he was last week because of their subject. Their teachers gave them lots of homework which piled up and only given them until this week to finish. Our Raindrop here might've been so stress to even know what he's going to do first!" My P'Pai, my savior P'Pai! He looked at me and winked in secret. I'm so lucky to have an older brother like him.

"What are you, his spokesperson?! Tsk, this better be the last time that I will be hearing from your professor that you're failing, Rain! Or else, you know the consequences!" Dad threatened as my whole body deflated once again. I know that tone very well. It's Appa's "you-know-that-I-will-do-it-and-you-can't-do-anything-about-it" tone.

I pouted at him and gave him a small nod. Hmph, this night was supposed to be fun! If only Eomma was still here... she wouldn't let me be scolded by Appa. I felt my appetite disappear as I remembered her again. It's been years but I still can't get over what happened.

"I'm going upstairs. Enjoy your food, good night." I said as I got up and went to kiss Appa's and P'Pai's cheeks.

I went upstairs to my bedroom and sobbed my heart out. I miss Eomma so much. Unfortunately, God took her away from us early. I was 10 years old that time when she passed away. Eomma was a sweet and caring woman. Appa said that I was the little version of her. From the nose, to the cheeks, and to the bubbly and bright personality. It saddens me that she was not able to watch me and P'Pai grow up. I know that she will be so proud of me now even if sometimes I'm quite bratty. Haa, I miss Eomma so much.

Speaking of that, I remembered something. That was also the very same day when my love of my life and I met! It was the first time that I saw him. He was the same age as P'Pai when Appa introduced me to him. Our first interaction was funny, though. He pinched my cheeks with both hands to the point that I cried. He said that it's because I look so cute and that he thought I was a girl! He then apologized to me after he got scolded by Auntie. He hugged me and said sorry. Hehe, I still remember what happened that day clearly.

I got off my bed and entered my walk-in closet. I have a secret place here where I keep a box filled with photos of me and him. I immediately went back to my bed and picked up a polaroid photo.

It's the photo of me and P'Phayu after Eomma's funeral. It was the time when I just finished crying and posed for the camera while he has his arms placed on my shoulder comforting me. I smiled as I remembered that day. That day was when I decided that I will marry P'Phayu when I get older. And, since we were naive kids back then, we promised to each other that when we grow up, we will get married!

Speaking of P'Phayu, the reason why I haven't really been motivated these past few weeks is that I haven't seen him in a long while. The last time that I saw him was when P'Pai brought me along with him at P'Pakin's race and that was over a month ago! What's worst is, he didn't even spare a glance at me at that time. I was so frustrated that I cried to P'Pai that he had to buy me the new limited edition Chanel bag that I've been eyeing. Talk about being spoiled!

Great, I'm missing P'Phayu now. I stomped my feet as I thought about his handsome face.

That's it! I know what I'm going to do tomorrow! I'm going to visit their garage and surprise him. I'll even bake him a cake tomorrow! I laid down on the bed while scrolling through my phone, searching for simple cake design ideas until I didn't even realize that I was dozing off with the phone in my hand.