nineteen.

11pm | Tangwai's Mansion

Third Person's Point of View

The eldest alpha's ride home was peaceful yet you can feel the sadness that lingers inside the vehicle, all coming from the distress and anxiety in his scent.

All he wants to be right now is beside his youngest son who has suffered a lot and keep him safe and protected in their house, away from people's eyes.

What happened earlier tonight will be very difficult for him to forget and just by thinking about his dearest's traumatized expression a while ago really broke his heart, given that his youngest heir is one bubbly child.

"Khun, we're here." He was shaken out of his thoughts as he heard his driver spoke. He opened the car door and threw away his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it after slamming the door shut.

He made his way inside of their house and did not even bother to take off his coat. He wants to see how his Raindrop is doing right now so he headed to his bedroom, softly knocking at the door.

No response was heard from inside so he used his spare key to get inside the omega's bedroom. Once he got in, his anxiety and stress were suddenly replaced by relief and contentment as he saw how protective Phayu's hold is on his dearest son.

He quietly walked towards his son's bed to take a closer look on Rain's peacefully sleeping face. The elder felt his eyes blurring as tears formed on it, caressing the omega's hair. He sat beside the younger's bed as he continued to observe his son, not wanting to leave him again.

The older was startled as he heard a soft voice spoke, "Appa..?" He immediately tended to the omega as he watched him slowly get up from the bed.

"Appa's here, Raindrop. Sleep some more, hmm?" The alpha replied, shifting his gaze to Phayu who was awakened by Rain's sudden movement.

The younger alpha looked at him sleepily and gave him a small wai after realizing that he was with them. "Sawasdee khap, Uncle. I'm sorry for sleeping here in Rain's bedroom. I was just too tired a while ago." Phayu explained as he slightly stretched out his limbs before motioning to get up, but Rain's Appa stopped him.

"You don't have to apologize, Nong Phayu. It's alright. I'm sorry for barging in. I didn't know you guys were sleeping already. I'll take my leave now then. Good night, boys. Good night, my dear. Appa loves you." The older alpha said, giving a pat on his son's hair before turning his back at them to leave.

He immediately stopped in his tracks as he heard sniffles coming from the omega. "*sniff* A-appa.. *sobs* D-don't leave R-Rain.. Appa.." The alpha's heart felt heavy once again as he heard his son's cries. He headed towards him once again and hugged the distressed omega, calming him down with his pheromones.

"Shh, my dear. Appa will not leave you, okay? I'm here. Don't cry, hmm? I will not leave anymore. I will stay here in your room, sounds good to you?" Asked Rain's Dad, earning a lazy nod from the omega. The alpha cooed at the younger's actions. "Aigoo, my little son. Don't worry, Raindrop. No one can hurt you now. You have me, your P'Pai, and Nong Phayu. We'll protect you no matter what happens, okay? We love you, dear."

Rain sobbed into his father's clothes as he hugged him back tightly, not planning to let go. Phayu was just watching them, slightly tearing up as well with the sight in front of him. His hand was on the omega's back, gently caressing it to comfort the latter. It made the younger alpha's heart happy as he sees how much Rain is loved and cherished in their household just like he does.