Chapter 7: Snow Day

Before receiving his items by Citrine he was looking at bounties outside the walls as he wanted to get somewhat used to the weather.

He looked up the bounties and saw a that a small gang of thugs had taken control over a small town west of Mantle. The village chief had apparently sent a distress signal a month ago but no one answered.

'Oh boy! Here I go killing again.' Hector thought to himself as he put on his new clothes.

It was a all white attire to completely blend in with the snowy environment. It consisted of a parka, thermal pants, gloves that went past the his wrists and binoculars.

He had painted his weapons white and even his gas mask got a little make over.

Tha main color black was simply replaced with white and his visor got white plastic plates that had a thin black visor which he still surprisingly saw well. The bottom half of his gas mask now had a black smile instead of the white smile.

Overall he still looked intimidating which he knew was good. But changed back to his regular clothes except for the parka... he was still cold.

He talked with Citrine some more about the area and told him that there was one long tunnel that led outside the walls but were Centinals that inhabited it which everyone avoids.

Hector checked his scroll and it was a two hour walk.
'Do snowmobiles exist here?'

But that something he would get later. Luckily the weather shouldn't be too bad and due to the long walk he packed some food with him.
He then hid his other things underneath the floorboards just in case.

After nearly a week he finally set out to kill the bandits. Of course as he left the inn he got many worried, intimidated, and wondering looks as he left towards the mines.

It wasn't long until he found a mineshaft with warning signs that were just,

BEWARE OF GRIMM
TURN BACK
GRIMM INFESTED TUNNEL

He then walked in and had his shotgun just in case. As he walked he saw the Centinals and locked eyes with him, and just like the Grimm in Vale.
They didn't mind him at all which Hector continued to walk the path while using Sion's Sword to light the way.

Half an hour later...

Hector was now walking upwards which he finally saw the light. He then put away Sion's Sword and looked at his scroll, he still had around a hour walk ahead of him.

Luckily his thermal parka and pants along with his white boots kept the cold out as he made his way the town.

Fast foward around a hour later he could now see the town. From what he read, the town had a small dust mine.
And it didn't take a genius to know that the thugs took over this town to get ahold of it.

Hector then got up onto a large cliff and used his binoculars to see what he was in for while laying down.

Two thugs near the front, six guard towers with a thug in them and four near the center of the town watching the townspeople slave their lives away.

Hector looked at the sun and knew that he would have a better chance at night when he was covered by both the snow and the night.

'This is going to be a good one'.

He thought before he began planning a way to attack them. He could easily shoot the two guards first and wait to see what they would do and Hector thought that it was more than likely for them to check on them.
His mind then went into a frenzy of thinking what different actions will result in and what happens if he does said action.