Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?

After both Hector and Winter left the room it was just Ozpin, Glynda, Ironwood, Qrow and Amber.

"What's your plan Traya?" Ironwood said crossing his arms. When he had gotten the news that The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant had a mentor who was Traya he immediately asked Ozpin to intervene since Traya could've told Hector about the Maidens, the relics and about her.

But Qrow said that keeping tabs on them was hard since they would seemingly disappear without a trace only to pop up somewhere completely different.

Traya being as calm as ever simply said,
"What's wrong general? Am I not allowed to have an apprentice?"

"A apprentice? Or do you mean a tool?" Glynda said which Ozpin interjected,

"I think it's nice you're back to teaching." Ozpin said with a fake smile which Traya could easily see past.

"And has the bounty hunter been living up to your expectations?"

"More than the drunk and Amber that's for sure." Traya replied which Amber winced at the response before Qrow said,

"Hey!"

"Am I wrong? He's completed feats no other person has done. He's persistent, strong and above all resourceful and intelligent." Traya commented which took them by surprise.

It was rare for Traya to compliment someone who had been trained by her. Although Traya had trained countless others there was only two she considered worthy of the title 'apprentice'. The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant and the Grimm Reaper. Both with a long sheet of being badasses but with the latter being more sane.

"Surpised he hasn't killed you yet." Qrow commented as he took out his flask to take a sip.

"I'm surprised your kidney hasn't let you down." Traya replied which Ironwood then said,

"Either way it doesn't change the fact that you could tell him what's really going on with the White Fang and Torchwick."

"Oh? That the Fall Maiden is about to be attacked? That her power is in danger of falling into the wrong hands? No, I haven't." Traya said sternly at the end.

"That's good but you do realize you broke our agreement when you left Atlas. We agreed that you'd stay there so you couldn't run off and possibly work for her." Glynda pointed out.

When Traya left Ozpin's group she agreed that she'd be within reach so that they wouldn't have to worry about Traya going over to Salem's side. However when she left with Hector to Vacuo it raised a good amount of concern.

"I was in that hole for more years than anyone should be there Glynda. I was bound to leave at some point. And please, do you really think I would work for Salem? There is no future with her, only destruction." Traya said appalled by their suspensions. Sure she would be cruel at times but she did to make those who were being taught under her stronger.

"Although I appreciate you reassuring me that you won't join Salem." Ozpin said which Traya could see it wad sarcasm before he continued,
"It still doesn't change the fact that I'm... hiring him to continue working for me."

"And if you can't? He doesn't exactly like staying one spot." Traya said which Ozpin said,

"Traya... I have respect for you but he's too much of a wild card to let loose for her to get on her side." Ozpin said getting up from his chair while using both hands to lean on his desk.

"And plus with every kingdom changing their laws because of him he'll be out of the job. Which I imagine he won't wait around until he can hunt again." Qrow added.