Chapter 9: Scout

As Citrine was nearly making Hector's lunch he heard her dad talking to someone but figured it was probably one of his friends dripping by.

"I said get out!" Her dad yelled which Citrine jumped up nearly spilling the bowl over. She peered around the corner and saw Thud and Bob.

They were two gang members belonging to The Mole Rats for their use in using the tunnels to smuggle illegal contraband without having to go through the front gate.

Thud was your typical all brawn and no brain while Bob was... well... a pretty average guy.

"Look, just pay the fine for having this establishment up." Bob said leaning on the side using his elbow on the table while Thud cracked his knuckles.

Bob then noticed Citrine peeking around the corner and gave a crooked smile and said in a creepy way a man should never talk to a woman.

"Heeeyyy Citrine, what ya doing?"

Citrine then quickly went back to the kitchen before Bob walked back. Her dad tried to stop him but was blocked by Thud who pushed him to the side and towered over the now angry and worried as hell dad.

"C'mon now, that's no way to say hi to an old friend." Bob said while walking towards Citrine who was walking away from him, keeping a distance from the creep.

"More like the old bully." Citrine snapped back while holding Hector's vegetable soup.

"Don't be like that Citrine. It would be very awful if your old man had a little-"

"AAAAHHHH"

They then snapped their heads at what one could say was the classic looney tunes scream and ran to the front.

They saw thud holding his butt while Hector wielded what looked like a sword that seemed like it just came out of lava. Hector's back was facing towards them so they didn't see who was the mysterious man wearing a all white outfit.

Thud then swung his hand back at him but dodged and sliced at his leg before Hector then struck his side.

"RRRAAAHHH!"

As Thud yelled and fell to the floor in pain holding his side and leg Bob took a step foward to try and sneak up on him.

"Behind you!" Citrine yelled out warning Hector which Bob didn't take well.

"You fucken... who t-the hell are you?" Bob said when he turned around to see the stranger's face.

A all white gas mask with a black visor and a crooked black smile. While shocked, Hector then struck at Thud again, this time at his back which Hector then said in a low but threatening tone.

"Ooh another one. Let me fry your friend real quick. Would you like him well done or medium rare?" He said hovering the sword over Thud who held one of his hands up.

"H-Hey! We-We can w-ork something out man!" Bob yelled out trying to handle the situation but saw Hector approaching him.

Hector then swung his sword at the thug but Bob ducked and ran towards Thud. Bob had helped him up while Hector was just watching them.

It amused him how they thought they think they could get away, how they thought they could barge in here and take what wasn't theirs. And take from the poorest of the poor of all people... disgusting.

As soon as they opened the font door Hector unleashed a fire strike at the duo sending them flying onto the snowy road which gathered the attention of the locals.

They either watched from across the street or peeked out of their tents to see what was going on.

They saw the two thugs who were known to extort the locals so seeing Thud hurt and Bob scared was telling that something or more specifically someone did this to them.