Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal

The trip to Vale was quiet to say the least since Hector kept to himself on his scroll.

Traya had told him to look at the kingdom's history since that would give him an idea of the type of people who live there.

But another thing Hector looked at more was Remnant's wars more specifically how their aura responded to it.

He read about the Battle of Steep Hill where the commander's semblance allowed him to shift the surrounding ground to his will.

One would expect that he would've easily won right? Wrong.

Apparently a rumor started to spread about how Valerian forces made some type of new flying machine capable of flying so high in the sky that he couldn't lob boulders at it. This seemingly disrupted his connection to his semblance thus giving Vale the victory.

Doubt... the same tactic Hector used against Sion all those months ago.

The more he read about people with powerful semblance's being defeated he came to the conclusion that doubt was the most effective weapon againt aura users since the effect of doubt on those with more powerful auras was more profound.

Hector also concluded after remembering what Traya had taught him and his own understanding of aura from his isolated circumstances is that going for softer targets such as allies, family members, and other people who are important to the target die then their hope, confidence, and eventually let themselves down.

At this point in their flight which was a private bullhead sent by Ozpin, Hector and Qrow were sitting directly opposite of one another.

Qrow himself saw the bounty hunter looking out the window wondering what he was thinking. Hector was on his scroll before but he guessed he was just enjoying the view.

But then again... he knew one day Raven would come calling demanding if he knew where the Bounty Hunter was but was unsure how to answer her.

If he told Raven, both would more than likely come to blows but who would actually win wasn't easy to tell.

Raven was physically strong. He could recall a time when she took on him and Tai during a sparring match and won.

Then the famous Bounty Hunter had his intelligence. He figured Qrow out when he only said a few sentences of his story. Then there was his weapons that either heavily damaged aura or just went through it like cheap toilet paper.

There was also who would see who first that would decide who had the initial advantage but that was something for another time.

"How much longer?" Hector asked in his deep but disoriented voice his gas mask made.

"A few more hours." Qrow said leaning back on the chair looking at the bullhead's ceiling.

"Mmm." Hector grunted before putting Deathslinger's hat on his face to sleep but not before Qrow asked a Hector.

"Hey can I ask you a question?"

"Already did."

"Can I ask two?"

"Already asked one but you got another so ask." Hector replied while his new hat was on his face.

"What's with the gas mask?"

Knowing that people would constantly annoy him why Hector replied.

"It's part of the style."

Qrow hummed in response before he himself falling asleep knowing that it was going to somewhat interfere with what Ozpin had planned.