Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory

After the Brawnwen Tribe incident Hector and the rest of the town celebrated knowing that the Brawnwen tribe wouldn't be destroying any towns any time soon.

Hector held up Vernal's weapons in his hands as evidence of his victory.

Traya was less than amused since she saw his tendency to collect his bounty's weapons as trophies was barbaric behavior.

Qrow was less than amused as he stood outside the town while dialing Ozpin.

"Hello Qrow, what news do you have?"

"Our little bounty hunter agreed to join you but..."

"But?"

"He... just killed half of my sister's tribe."

"What? How?"

Ozpin said in a tone that very few people hear Ozpin in. Shocked. This revelation changed how Hector would come to Beacon since word can travel fast at times Hector could perhaps by just his presence alone ward off Amber's attackers and make them miss the opportunity to capture them.

Catching and stopping them was priority number one. So Ozpin had to think of a new way to get him into Beacon.

"How... how did Hector eliminate half of Mistral's most feared bandit tribe?"

"He killed some of them in their sleep before tangling up the rest. He then killed my sisters second before Grimm came and... I don't need to explain the rest."

Qrow replied before taking a swig of his flask and trying to forget the event.

"I... see. I knew he wasn't all too well in the head but this was beyond what I imagined. It honestly saddens me to think what or where in his life led him to this point of murder and destruction."

"You're not the only one. Hell I can't even imagine him and my niece getting along. He'll either get annoyed by her or Ruby running the opposite direction." Qrow said before taking out his flask and drinking it.

"Is Traya coming along? Or has Hector left her?"

"Honestly Oz I don't even know if he even told her yet but I'll let you know first thing tomorrow-"

"I SAID I JUST WANT TO TRAVEL ON MY OWN AGAIN!"

Qrow turned around to see Hector running for his life as Traya followed suit with her three swords pointed at him.

"You can go after I'm done cleaving you into pieces!" Traya yelled back.

"Um Oz... I think he's going alone but..."

"But?"

"I think he's coming back to Beacon in a coffin."

The Next Day...

"You ready kid?"

"Yes and I ain't a kid." Hector replied to Hector as he readied his things along with Vernal's and the Smiler's mask.

Traya was... displeased to say the least but respected the bounty hunters's decision... after a few slaps.

Before they left however they had a call to Ozpin set up a flight directly from Mistral to Vale.

It was currently just Qrow and Hector as Traya was meditating as always.

"Glad you've decided to accept my invitation to help Beacon but due to your reputation and notoriety your going to have to be subtle about it."

Ozpin explained since he didn't want Hector leaving piles of bodies. He hoped Qrow would... manage that.

"A disguise? Sure I've got some but some further information regarding this security work. And what about Atlas since they're gonna be there for the Vytal Festival." Hector said which Ozpin nodded in agreement.