Chapter 19: The Showdown

Now The Bounty Hunter and the Deathslinger were just a few steps away from one another.

"So you're the Bounty Hunter I've heard that was coming."

"And you're the bounty I've been looking for. You know for someone using a revolver on a moving bullhead and actually hitting someone is impressive." Hector replied which the tall man chuckled.

To Hector, he was the big bad man from the old western films, cowboy hat, poncho, bandana and everything. His revolver was beautifully engraved and from what he could see looked had the handle hollowed out.

This told Hector he was smarter and careful since he knew that by just making his revolver just a few ounces lighter he knew that there could be a major difference in just a nano second.

"If you think that's impressive, just wait until I bring in your head." He said in a smug voice while his hand reached towards his revolver.

"Can't kill someone whose already dead." Hector said racking his shotgun.

"You ain't faster than me boy." He said with his hand now hovering over his revolver. Hector then lightly lifted up his shotgun.

Then silence... both looked at one another waiting for the other to make a move. To be honest, Hector was sweating since this could be the end of him and the heat wasn't helping.

Then as if both counted down inside their hand in their heads they drew.
From the perspective of the guards in the compound peering from the windows and Hector's team themselves peering from the sandy hills.

Since Hector was albeit very slowly lifting his shotgun up until he saw the rogue Huntsmen's sudden movement he drew and landed a bullet that grazed on the left side of Hector's head.

But the Deathslinger got himself shot in the stomach which resulted in him falling back aswell but didn't break his aura.

But in a second both of them were on the ground in pain.

Hector was right now thinking what was worse: This or training with Traya but now wasn't the time to think that but to figure out what to do next.

"Damn... you actually shot me heh." He said holding his stomach. He was genuinely surprised that he landed a shot on him but it wasn't enough.

As he slowly walked up to Hector who was grunting and crying since the graze went to the side of the head.

"You caused alot of suffering boy, only right if you get it too." He said in a cocky manner before Hector replied albeit in a shaky voice.

"G-G-Guess w-what."
"What?"

"Chinga tu madre." Go fuck yourself.

The Deathslinger visibly took a step back at Hector's reply. Out of anything he could say, he chose that. Those... were his final words? What did he even say??

Then out of nowhere a rock the Deathslinger in the head which prompted his hat to fall off.

The Deathslinger then snapped his head at the direction of where the rock was thrown.

Despite the pain and the blood leaking from his head Hector quickly reached for his shotgun, racked another live round and shot him in the head depleting his aura. Tumbling to the side which resulted in him dropping his revolver.

"You little-"
*BANG

"You're... f-fast... but... I'm s-smart." Hector said before collapsing on the ground.

"Get him out of there!" Lindholm shouted which Erika yelled back.

"On it!"

Henry, Jamison and Emma meanwhile provided covering fire for Erika.