Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...

"So Ozpin let you go? That's surprising but if what you say is true then that could prove difficult for you in the long run." Traya said as she prepared herself some tea as Hector paced back and forth near the fireplace.

"After the Vytal Festival where do we go? I mean if it's bad then I gotta move all these."

Hector said while pointing at his collection before Traya said.
"I have various safe houses in Mistral that can keep us hidden for a while but not forever. If I were you I'd start packing."

"Say less." Hector said as he went to his little armory room. It was a shame really, Hector liked this suite since it was literally the nicest thing he owned which did cost him millions but eh if there's one thing his childhood taught him was this:

Prepare for anything and be willing to change to get ahead and the advantage over everyone. It didn't matter what is was, either change or die.

Hector then packed several bullet casings in a large black plastic case along with a dozen grenades in a steel lined case that was filled with hay and soft but firm cushioning so that the grenades wouldn't accidentally went off.

Hector then thought about another thing he had completely forgotten about: Adam Taurus, without a doubt the biggest hater of all humans.

Adam was no doubt being held back by Cinder but then again there was a big chance he would run into him during or at the end of the Vytal Festival.

After packing up the essentials he then went to his room to pack his clothes. As Hector put his clothes up he happened upon his old black hoodie and shoes when he first popped in this world.

It made him feel nostalgic as he held them up and looked at some of the tears and stains he could never get rid of. He then found his all white outfit he wore in Atlas alongside the plastic parts that covered most of his visor and had the black painted smile, he also remembered when he basically made Winter a fool... those were good times.

Then there was the old sleeveless duster he wore during his job at Vacuo. He then remembered about Henry, Anthony, Jamison, Lindholm, and the twins who worked with him. It was nice working with them since he did learn a thing or two from them. He still remembered Henry's big grin has he carted off his share of the gold.

Then there he found something on the ground he had completely forgotten, a fragment of his past that he had shoved in the back of his mind since showing up in Remnant... it was a picture of him and his grandma, before she disappeared, before everything went bad to hell.

Hector stood up staring at the picture. He continued to stare at it, seemingly remembering all the good times they had together and looked in the mirror and then a tear fell.

Was it anger? Pain? Hate? Or dread? Perhaps it was all four. He heard his grandmother's voice echo behind his head saying:

Life is beautiful. It is precious. And it must be protected.

Hector then fell on his knees trying to make himself forget about those words. If she had seem him, she would've no doubt disowned him, she would've hated him, she would've been disgusted for what he became.

'It's not my fault.' Hector told himself over and over trying to put reasons behind his actions.
'They did this to me.' Hector thought to himself repeatedly before hearing a knock at the door.

"Hector? Is everything alright." Traya asked which Hector jumped up and took a moment to recollect himself. Taking a deep breath Hector replied,

"Y-Yes, just got alot of things to pack."

"Very well. When you're done meet me in the living room." Traya replied before leaving. Hector looked at the picture one last time before putting it at the very bottom of his luggage.