Chapter 32: Origins

Somewhere in Mistral...

A elderly woman that uses a cane with a dark blue skull on top sits on her rocking chair on her porch. That's how she seems to spend most of her time nowadays since her early retirement.

She watches the people in her quiet town go about their daily routines. However ever since she saw... him she hasn't been able to get her mind to stop thinking about that crude white smile that terrified so many criminals, terrorists and rogue Huntsmen alike.

As the day turned to night she headed inside to sleep. She looked outside of her window to see wives call out to their children to come inside before the big mean Grimm get them.

She then grumbled to herself before laying in her bed as she closes what one could say her "eyes" as the vision around her fades.

A few hours later...

The old Huntress suddenly wakes up but not in her room but in a void. It was dark and cold, she couldn't see anything in front of her. If there even was anything in front of her in the first place.

Why did you leave him?

A voice called out which the elderly woman then looked around trying to find said voice.

Why didn't you go back when you had the chance? Was it because you were young again? Or was it because you wanted to leave all your problems behind which included your only grandchild?

The voice said which she then grabbed her cane by it's end and a curved blade popped up from underneath the skull.

You abandoned him! You left him to suffer!

The voice yelled which she then softly said.

"I-I couldn't go back..."

Liar! You left him to die... and that's exactly what happened! He is dead because of you!

The Voice yelled which the elderly woman then noticed a red light illuminating from behind her. She turned around to see her home burning to the ground. As her old home burned down she could make out a small child in the other side of it. That's when she realized it was her grandchild looking into the fire with one of pure hatred and anger. She saw him look back up and mouth the word:

Why?

She then shot back up awake in the real world. Holding the side of her head she quietly said,

"I'm ...sorry..."

LINEBREAK

"Tell your spy that I agree if she and her accomplice helps you find and destroy the dust and Atlas mechs." Ozpin said to Hector while on a video call.

"Very well. If she tries anything I'll make an example out of her. Hunter out."

As the call closed Glynda shook her head before Ironwood said.

"How can you allow him to operate without any repercussions? If the public found out then you'd be ruined."

"You think I haven't thought about it? Disturbingly he doesn't leave any witnesses." Ozpin replied which he added.

"However there is another thing I would like to point out that may be both impressive and worrisome is his lack of aura."

Both Ironwood and Goodwitch looked at him is disbelief. Glynda then asked herself.

"Sir are you-"

"Yes I'm more than certain. Throughout our various encounters I sensed nothing. It was cold and devoid of any life and yet there was emotions inside him that seemed to be boiling. Anger, hate, dread, and sadness.
He's too much of a wild card to be left alone. So we must see that he doesn't fall for her hands no matter the cost."