one.

Fucking hell. Jeans and a thick sweater were not the best outfit to wear when you're trekking through the woods on a hot summer's day. I totally misread what the weather of today was gonna be like. But then again I'm not a weather lady so I only have myself to blame for that. I guess the cold days have finally disappeared. Finally

Looking around, I checked to see if there were any biter's before I pulled out my pocket knife and began to cut my jeans into wonky shorts. Throwing my sweater off to reveal my now off white vest. Tying the sweater round my waist, I begin to walk again trying not to be too loud to not attract the dead or the alive. These past few weeks or months I haven't caught track. Maybe it's even been years, have been hell. The weather hasn't been in my favour. Nearly got frostbite a few times. Gladly I didn't cause that'd fuck me up if I had frozen limb. Would be dead for sure which would be a total bummer. Would also be funny though. Ironic nearly. I kill these stupid rotting pieces of shit and then I become one. It's kinda funny.

Leaves ruffle and I quickly snap my head to look at the tree beside me, spotting a squirrel. Oh my god... Finally, Food. I hadn't eaten a proper meal since this shit show started but seeing something that would give me a significant amount of energy for the next couple of days was a god send. I was living off cans of ravioli from my last supply run which fed me but didn't quite fill me up.

Pulling my axe out from my holster attached to my belt, I slowly creep up to the squirrel and throw the axe at it. But it scurried away due to the sound of a twig snapping. Fuck sake. Another walker. Why do they always appear when I'm trying to catch food? I snapped my head to the right. What the fuck? A man stood aloof with a crossbow in his hand and he looked around. I quickly hid behind the tree to prevent him from seeing me. Stupid bastard. He scared away a good meal for me.

Oh I'm going to kill him. I yanked my axe out of the tree and charged towards the man and jumped on him. This caused him to fall down with a grunt and losing grip of his crossbow. "What the fuck!" He said. My heart thumped against my ribcage as my adrenaline began to rush through my body. It had been a while since I got a rush like this. I missed that feeling. But I figured it was wise to see if he had a group nearby and how many there were to see if I could take them on.

"How many?" I gulped into his ear. He tried to lift his head off the floor but I grabbed his hair and buried his face back into the muddy leaves. "I said how many?" I said through gritted teeth. If he continues to cause such a fuss, I will kill him right here, right now. I can deal with his people later, if he has any. He grunts and quickly pushes me off his back and pins me to the floor. I had no idea why I thought I could overpower him. He was clearly stronger and much larger than me.

"You little bitch!" He grunts and tries to pin my arms down.

"You know in different circumstances this would make me horny." I said, nearly laughing. It wasn't completely true but the position reminded me of great times I have had before. "You what?" He stares at me in confusion.

Lifting my head up, I head butt him in the nose and he lifts his head immediately going to hold his bleeding nose. I push his shoulders back and I roll over on top of him. He still had one hand on his nose but the other hand tried to push me off him. I quickly pushed myself up on him, taking his arms and pushing them above his head. I use my right foot to secure his hands in place and pull out a zip tie from my pocket. I secure his hands together with the zip tie and let go. I breathed heavily as I pushed my wavy hair out of my face quickly as beads of sweat had made it stick to my face and neck which irritated me.

He manages to lift his arms up and push me off him causing me to lay on the floor. I moan in pain as I land onto my arm in a weird way. Lifting himself up and onto his knees he begins to cut his zip tie with a knife he had stashed in pocket. With a bit of a struggle, I manage to sit up as I see him trying to quickly get to his crossbow while crawling. Casually slipping as he looks back at me.