four.

The campfire blazed as Carol and T-dog worked up their magic like they did every night. It was always a delight when those too did their magic with the food. I have no idea what they did to it but it was always so good. Some people already had their food and were already diving into it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous right now. I was starved after the village thing. Who knew killing could work up such an appetite? Glenn cleared his throat which made us all look up to him, "Uhm guys... So the barn's full of walkers." We all snapped our heads to him. What? The barn was full of walkers all this time. All this time we were thinking this place was safe. Thinking we were fine.

We all huddled around the entrance of the barn as Shane peered in through one of the cracks. Lori stood in front of Carl guarding him as if a walker would escape and kill him right there and then. I was concerned she was standing protecting him when she had another life growing inside her right now. I understood her need to protect him but we need to protect her too and that little rascal taking a vacancy up in her stomach. I stepped a few feet in front of her which earned me a smile from Glenn. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this." Shane storms towards Rick. How could he be alright with it? We were basically knocking on death's door by staying here. "No, I'm not," Rick complained.

"Why haven't you done something about it then?" I glare at him, "You knew and just let us live here with a false sense of security. There's kids here. Your kid." I glance at Lori's belly and Carl.

"We are guests here. It isn't our land." Rick argues. Not our land but our lives at risk.

"Our lives though, man." Shane's volume increases as Glenn becomes seemingly nervous.

"Lower your voice." Glenn whispers-shouts at him. Rick was right that this wasn't our land but how could we live here thinking we were all safe, picking daisies and making daisy chains. We set up camp not far from the barn. It was like setting up camp in a bear's cave. It was pure danger. "This isn't right. They're not pets." I speak up. I felt weird agreeing with Shane. But for once he was right about something.

"We either gotta go in there, we gotta make things right or we just gotta go." Shane holds his hat as he paces up and down. He was speaking nothing but facts right now. We either sorted this problem out with Hershel or we had to go. Who knew where it was safer? Here or out there. We had the same possibility of death in either place. "We can't go." Rick's voice shakes.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane steps forward. Oh wow welcome to the dick measuring contest guys. Let's see who's cock is the biggest by arguing.

"Because my daughter's still out there." Carol speaks up with a sadness in her voice. That was also right. Never mind, I can't decide who's side I was on now. Shane put his hands to his face, "Ok..." he stammered and then sighs, "I think it's time that we all considered the other possibility." The other possibility? The other possibility meaning what?

"We can't leave Sophia behind. We're close to finding her." I declare. Daryl had just found her doll the other day. There was a chance she was still out there. No, she was still out there. He had to have hope. "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll a few days ago." Daryl paces as he waved his arms around. Shane let out a laugh.

"You found a doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane stands defensively as he tries to spill his negativity on everyone. Daryl scowled at him.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Daryl swings his arm up at Shane as he walks forward. His accent got thicker the more angry he got. She was out there. She was. Wasn't she?

"Look, I'm just saying. Now if you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane shouts as Rick tries to cut him off and talk some sense into him. Carol stepped back as she listened to Shane rave on about her child being dead. Her hand came up to her face with a saddened look. "Let me tell you something else man. If she was alive out there, saw you coming, all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction, man." He shouts pointing away from us. Daryl shouts profanities at him and launches himself at Shane. Rick rushed between them trying to push them apart as everyone yelled at them to stop. I guided Lori and Carl out the way so they didn't get caught in the crossfire. Shane and Daryl yelled threats at each other as Rick came between them trying to act as a common ground. I watched Daryl as he charges for Shane. His muscles are shifting and flexing as he does. He then stops trying to get to Shane and wipes his face with his hand.