twenty.

"Daryl left?" Carol screws her eyebrows at Rick, "He's gone?" Her voice cracks. Rick tilts his head at her with sorrow as he places a hand on her shoulder. Meanwhile, I wipe the dried tears from my eyes as Ash holds me up. My arm throbbing as I move it. Fuck that hillbilly freak. What everyone said was right about Merle. He truly was a deluded piece of shit but Daryl must love him for some reason. Carol tears up as she understands Rick's lack of reply. "Gone?" Her teary eyes look over to me then piercing into Ash's beside me then into my bleeding arm. "Your arm." She gasps rushing over to me before pushing Ash away and taking me into her own arms. "We need to get you to Hershel." She panics rushing me up to the cell block.

Carol, even though a childless mother, she still owned those traits about caring for everyone like she was the mother of the group. Her heart was huge and we all loved her for it.

Hershel stands in front of our cell block as he looks over Maggie. Maggie kisses her dad on the cheek as Beth rushes over to us, engolfing Rick in a hug. Glancing to me, she pulls me close to her tightly and puts a bit too much pressure on my arm. Charlie steps forward as he sees me and his eyes immediately shoot to my wounded arm. "What the fuck happened to your arm?" He curses loudly causing a stern look on Hershel's face, "And who the fucking shit is this? Where's Daryl?" My eyes drop down at the mention of the younger Dixon brother and Charlie nods silently.

"Got shot by that fucking cowboy loving dickbutt." I wince at the pain.

"Who? Daryl?" Charlie snaps but I shake my head.

"Let's get her inside." Hershel ushers. Charlie takes me from Carol's grip and wraps his arm around my waist. He hauls me up the stairs and into the cell block. Ash walks closely behind everyone as he takes in the view of the not so homely cell block. A group of four sit at the benches inside where we usually eat. Three men and one women. Well, well, well. Who the hell are they? I couldn't get much of a word in before I got hauled into the cells. Charlie tries to lay me on the bed but I force myself up. But he tries to lay me down again. "Stop, you need to lay down." Charlie tries to force me down again but I once again defy him. He sighs, finally giving up. He wasn't going to win this one.

Hershel hobbles in and sits beside me on the hard matress. He takes my arm into his hands and moves it gently around as he inspects the ghastly wound. I try to keep in my sounds of pain as he begins prying at it with some tweezers. The bullet becomes easily unlodged from my skin and caused a wave of painful relief through me. "You're lucky." Hershel inspects the bullet between the tweezers, "It was mostly a graze wound. Bullet wasn't as dislodged into your skin so healing shouldn't be too bad, thankfully. But you will steal need to take it easy for it to heal properly, understand?"

"Yeah, right." I roll my eyes. I can't take things easy.

Hershel raises his eyebrows at me, "I mean it, Kaia. Take care of yourself." He ruffles through his bad of magical goodies and pulls out a few things. "I'm gonna give it a wash with some clean water and apply a dressing to it. I'll change it for you again, tomorrow." He splashes water over my wound gently causing me to hiss before patting it dry. The bandage and dressing get wrapped around my arm tightly to make sure the wound doesn't reopen. "Do you mind me asking what happened?" Hershel tentatively looks up to me for a moment as he continues wrapping my wound.

"It was my fault. I felt like we were being watched and I wasn't looking in the right place. Then that shithead comes out of nowhere and attacks us." I ramble.

"Shithead?" Hershel questions, ignoring my use of language.

"I mean how the fuck is that related to him. He's so kind and that prick is just such a crazy fuck face." I continue, shaking my head around.