twenty-four.

The past few days had been nothing but endless worrying and preparing for the war ahead of us. The group was scared and restless as we ran around like headless chickens, stocking up bullets and machinery to help us. Rick had us all working hard, even Carl, to make sure we could have a great chance at this. He had me in charge of making sure the fences are reinforced up at the catwalk and the bullets were distributed fairly across all stations.

I had Glenn and Beth up at the catwalk making some reinforcements to the fence while Maggie and Charlie were trying to find more advantage points in the prison to hide away ammunition and machinery. It was partnered this way to get more work done because I know no work would get done if they were grouped any differently. Charlie and Glenn would mess around far too much and probably end up doing the stupidest thing known to man which we could not risk right now. Charlie and Beth would not get any work done by chatting with each other and Charlie would distract Beth, indefinitely. Maggie and Glenn definitely were a good team out on the road but now they had some privacy in places of this prison. I know the only thing getting done is a bit of the old in-and-out, in-and-out and we didn't need another baby brought into this group.

I had Merle do a general clean up inside the cell block which caused me a lot of bargaining to do. He was sure as shit not doing what I said until I offered him a glass of some fine whiskey I found within that house a few weeks ago. But he wasn't getting that until I saw some significant improvement in the cleanliness. I had Daryl watching Judith and Carl because even though he was a bit of a 'naughty word' for leaving I knew he would keep a firm eye on them. I trusted him with that. Michonne and I were clearing out a section of the yard to have another advantage point.

All the slaughter had been done, all that was to be done was moving the bodies and burning them which was easier said than done. I grabbed a molden, rotten fleshed arm as I tried to force it across the path. Its arm was slimy in my grasp as I tried my hardest to pull its body with all my force. I let out a groan as I use my force to pull it again. With a grunt, I fall straight onto my ass with a thud causing shocks of pain to wave through my backside. A loud cackle erupts from a few feet away as Michonne stood with her hands on her knees bellowing. Trying to hide behind my arms, I succeed at turning red with embarrassment in front of the cool samurai.

"Are you okay?" Michonne tries to say in between laughs that came straight from the stomach. I scowl at her as she moves towards me holding her stomach with a bright smile trying to calm herself down. "Here." She offers me her hand and I take it hesitant due to embarrassment. I would do anything for the ground to swallow me up right now. "Sorry." She apologises, giving me a cocky smile. Unamused, I stare at her with my face redder than red itself and she struggles to keep her laugh when a snort erupts out of her which sends her into a fit of laughter again.

Looking at her from the side of my eye, I extend my arm and shove her lightly which causes her to become unstable and fall on her own ass. We both start to shake from laughter as she falls onto the floor and lays there. "Sorry." I lend her my hand with a chuckle. Michonne slowly holds onto my hand as I begin to hoist her up and gives me a sly smile. Suddenly, she pulls my hand with full force causing me to tumble onto the floor beside her.

"That's happened to you like 2 times now." She sarcastically says with a light hearted chuckle.

I force myself up and brush my hands on my jeans to get rid of the gravel from the floor. "I don't recall it happening." I shake my head, "You must be going crazy, Michonne." I shrug my shoulders.

"Are you really gaslighting me, Kaia?" Michonne asks me, her mouth open in pretend shock.

"No idea what you're talking about." I shake my head as Michonne gets up from the floor. She brushes her hands against each other to get rid of the small stones from the floor. Her hair falls across her shoulders as she shakes her head with a smile.