seven.

Dale was a pain in the ass most of the time. He always felt he could say what he thought and didn't care if we judged him for it. Dale had this look about him which showed he cared and tried to see the best in people. We may have argued before his death but I will miss him. I will miss his judgemental looks and his caring demeanour. Dale wanted this world to be the most like the old world as we could make it. Sadly that couldn't happen. But all we can do is try to be better for him. Stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take action. Live the best life we possibly can. For Dale.

Stained, my hands trembled as I looked down at the blood I couldn't scrub off. It was a reminder of death which was all this world was these days. Death and suffering. My nails stained with the lost life of Dale, I couldn't help but feel guilty. Like his death had been my fault. If I didn't argue with him in the house then maybe he would still be here. If we could just trust Randall for the things he withstood to live Dale would still be here giving his judgy looks and telling his truth.

Rick spat out orders on things everyone should do to make this a safer environment to live in. First all move into the house. Then provide lookouts to keep watch for anything coming this way. "T-Dog, I need you and Daryl on double duty. Kaia, I need you to provide them with food, water, anything they need while they're on watch duty." Rick tells me.

"I can handle more than making sandwiches for these two." I tell him, "I'm not a housewife." I wasn't happy with Rick thinking I was incapable.

"Don't lie, you'd love to be Mrs Douglas, bubba." T-Dog jokes hitting me lightly on the arm. I snort.

"Oh yeah sure, T." I shake my head at him, "Rick I want to be given a better role. I can do more than provide for men. If I haven't proven myself yet, I don't know when you think I will." If he didn't think I had proven my loyalty yet, he was clearly crazy. I have watched his son many nights and also killed a fair share of walkers to protect this place. I didn't want to be spreading butter on bread in the kitchen. That stuff made you weak. I didn't want to get weak, I wanted to stay strong. I want to defend everyone in this camp and I won't do much being a sandwich maker.

"What about patrols?" Andrea asks.

"I can–" I get cut off.

"Let's get this area locked down first. After that Shane will assign shifts, while me and Daryl take Randall offsite and let him loose." He tells us. I want to help. Why can't I help in a useful way?

"Let me help." I repeat. But I just get ignored. Rick and Shane begin to have a disagreement about letting Randall go. It wasn't the best idea. He knew where we were so he could come back to get us but if he gets driven farther away then it could work. Last time they were going to let him free, Rick and Shane decided to have a dick measuring contest and fight over first place. But to me it only proved their dicks were both as small as each other. "You want to take Daryl as your wingman, be my guest." Shane shakes his head.

"Thank you. But Kaia is coming too." He nods, "Thank you."

"Really?" I say excitedly. Rick nods before walking off. Shane looked at me with anger. Haha I took your place. Loser. I point my finger at him and pretend to laugh to piss him off even more which I found funny. His face screwed as I walked away from him. Spotting Carl near the chickens, I make my way over to him. He sat facing away from me and I could see he was playing with something in his hands. I crept closer to him and shook his shoulders, "Boo!" He jumps and looks at me in shock before trying to conceal the gun under his shirt. "Carl what is that?"

He shakes his head, "Nothing." He panics as I lean down in front of him. I raise my eyebrows at him and he sighs, "Don't tell my parents."

"Carl, this isn't about telling your parents." I tell him, "I just want to know you're safe." Carl mentally debates on whether to pull the gun out again. "If you tell me why you have it, I won't tell your parents." That made his mind up. Pulling out the silver gun, he flips it in between his hands before handing it to me. "Why do you have this?" I ask him, calmly.