seventeen.

A few days passed by as we began to clean out the field and the cell block to make it a more suitable place to live. We had to get it clean for the impending arrival of Judith. Hershel woke up and was definitely going to make a speedy recovery. He wasn't going to grow his leg back though which was unfortunate for him. RIP Hershel's lower leg you will be forever missed.

This morning we were all working out in the yard as we cleaned out the yard. "Our vehicles out there look like a gian vacancy sign." Daryl agrees with Rick about staging the cars.

"We need to set fire to all those corpses." Rick tells us as we begin walking up the gravel road.

"It'll be a long day." I sigh, wiping the sweat off my forehead as the sun shines down on me. Winter was officially over.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." Carol squints at us. I look up at the guard tower and raise my eyebrows.

"Up in the guard tower." Daryl points.

"Guard tower?" Rick asks, "They were just up there last night." Yes they were.

"Yeah." I nod, "Committing the act of hanky panky." I fake thrust into the air and laugh at my own actions but no one else finds me funny.

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl calls and a shirtless Glenn walks out of the tower. He buckles his trousers up as he calls back at us. Knew it. They are not subtle at all.

"Hey!" He calls, "What's up, guys?" The top of Maggie's head is seen over the window but she doesn't come up any further.

"You coming?" Daryl shouts back at the smiling.

"What?" Glenn buckles his belt up as he shouts back.

"You coming?" Daryl asks again. We all chuckle and I never knew Daryl could have such a sense of humour. Glenn looks back at Maggie in confusion on what to say.

"Come on." I shout, "We could use a hand. Preferably not covered in spunk though." Maggie walks out with a disappointed look on her face as we all laugh at them. Caught red handed. Then Carol walks in front of me and Daryl towards the car. Daryl walks a few steps in front of me as I admire him from behind but he catches me red handed as he looks back at me. I quickly snap my head away from him, trying to find any where else to look besides from him.

He scoffs, "Ya' like what you see?" He strikes a pose with a hand on his hip and pouts. This is really the same man who claimed he wasn't a 'little bitch' or a 'sissy' a few months.

"I wasn't looking at you." I snort and shake my head. Daryl nods at me slowly like he didn't believe me. "I wasn't." I repeat again.

"Mhm." He cocks his eyebrow at me.

"Move the cars to the upper yard." Rick throws his keys to me, "Point them facing out. They'll be out of the way, but ready to go if we ever need to bail." Rick plans to get the prisoners food while out on the road and walks off with T-Dog.

Daryl and I walk over to the vehicles. "I bet you I can get to the upper yard before you can." I bet.

"What we betting?" He cocks his eyebrow at me as he starts his bike up.

"What do you want?" I look up to him and raise my eyebrows. He looks down at me and breathes out heavily. Licking his lips, he inches slightly closer to me but moves away before I could even tell.

"Winner gets the rest of the Hershey's." He announces.

"Oh you're on." I smile, "And you're going down, Dixon." I sprint off to the car and climb inside. I quickly press on the gas and begin to speed off to the upper yard. Daryl kick starts his bike as I'm already half way up the field and now I know I am definitely going to win this bet. Hell yeah! Easy win for Hershey's heaven. I pick up my speed as Daryl comes close behind me. Parking the car up, I immediately jump out and run over to Daryl. I get close up to him and start booing him as he rolls his eyes at me. "Oh yeah." I celebrate, "I win, you lose. LOSER!" I put an L over my forehead with my hands and bop my head. "Pay up, big man." I put out my hand for the rest of the Hershey's.