eight.

The arms shake me and in reflex, I grab my knife to attack back as I move my arm to disarm them. Their weapon slamming on the floor as I pull my knife up to their throat. I stare at them. Then I see those blue eyes. They're shocked as my knife is so close to their throat. "I'm sorry." I mutter as I step back lowering my knife, "I thought you were..." I breathe out. Shaking my head again, I go to run up to the farm house as Glenn trails up to us. Both of the men look at me in concern.

"What is it?" Daryl whispers to me as his hand holds my upper arm stopping me from running. I didn't trust Shane. He was up to something, I knew. I shake my head at him as I look around worried. He lets go of my arm. "What do you want us to do?" He nodded at me like he understood what I was thinking.

"Check on them." I tell him, "I'm going to find Rick." Turning around again to find Rick, Daryl holds my arm again turning me back around.

"I'm going with you." He tells me. I tell him no but he nods at me, gripping his crossbow. Glenn looked between us.

"I'll be fine." I tell him, "I need you to protect them." He shakes his head as he looks at the ground. He grunts looking between me and the house repeatedly. "Please." I mutter to him. His eyes stay on mine for a few moments before he nods.

"Ok." He mutters back, "Be safe."

"You too." I smile.

"C'mon, Glenn." He tells Glenn. Daryl starts going towards the house. Glenn puts his hand on my shoulder and nods at me. "Don't get killed." He frowns, "We can't lose you." I nod at him trying to keep my cool. But in fact it made me feel cared for.

"Go on. They need you." I pat him on the back before we both start off in different directions. My heart beats fast against my rib cage as if it was going to thump right out. My legs begin to pump as I bolt to the top field where Dale died. Jumping over the gate, I breathe heavily as I spot a body on the floor. A grey, bloody body. My heart drops as I step slowly up to the scene. He did it. Shane killed him.

But as I come closer, I spot a small boy holding a gun up to a man. Carl. What was he doing here? Does no one watch this kid? "Carl." I scream, running up to him. He looks back at me before snapping his head right back to the man he was holding his gun up to. But it was Rick. So that must mean...

Rick killed Shane.

As the realisation hit, I stepped forward and put my hand on my gun. Was I wrong all along? Should I have been concerned about Rick this whole time? Rick steps towards us, his hands covered in Shane's blood as he puts one up to us. "Rick." I warn with tears in my eyes. Rick shakes his head at me. He looked innocent of cold-blooded murder. The way he looked at Carl showed he didn't want to kill his best friend. "Carl." He shuffles forward, "Just-just put the gun down." His voice is unsteady and unsure as he tries to gain the trust of his son back. "It's not what it seems." Rick struggles, "Please."

"Carl." I pleaded with him as I tried to creep up to him and disarm the gun from him. But before I could he pulled the trigger. The loud bang startled me as the bullet flew behind Rick. Shane's reanimated body falls to the floor with a loud thud. Carl lowers the gun as tears fall from his eyes. Rick engulfs his son in a hug. Tears in both their eyes. As they finish hugging, Rick ushers me over to him and he places one hand on my shoulder and one hand on Carl's, "Come on. Let's go home." I give him a half assed smile before bringing them both to me in a hug.

"I'm so glad you're safe." I mutter to them before letting go of them. I let Carl and Rick walk in front of me whilst they talk. Rick had to make things right with Carl. He needed to explain a few things to him and I didn't want to get in the way of that. To respect their privacy I walked a few steps behind them. All I could hear was Carl asking a bunch of questions before they stopped. I immediately stopped behind them as I heard growls and moans behind me. Turning around, I'm met with a herd of walkers and my heart beats fast. "Rick." I whisper-shout to him and he looks behind us at the large group of walkers stumbling towards us. "Go, go, go!" I tell them as Rick ushers Carl to run.