nine.

It'd been about a couple of weeks since we had to leave the farm. We'd been on the run like wanted fugitives since Rick figured there was something better for us out there. Moving is what kept us safe. No one questioned Rick as of recently. He had become colder since he killed Shane to everyone's surprise. I didn't think Rick had the balls to do it. But he did it for the safety of his family and the rest of us.

Everyone questioned Rick's loyalty after that night, threatening to leave as if they could do any better out there on their own without him. They couldn't, they knew that. Everyone knew that they couldn't do as well as they could without Rick leading them. The Ricktatorship was strong and he knew what he was doing. He was a cop. He was outrightedly trained to keep people safe and do the best for people.

My burn had gotten a bit better but it was leaving a nasty scar on the bottom of my leg. Thankfully it wasn't a huge ghastly scar. Removing my burnt jeans from my skin was the worst part, it felt like my leg was getting ripped off. Hershel tried his best not to make it as painful when treating me.

Whilst recovering, Hershel had demanded me not to go running and take it easy which Daryl made me strictly abide by. But it was my leg so why did he even give a shit? I timidly apply some burn ointment which Daryl had gotten from a run to a local pharmacy with Glenn and Rick a few days after shit went down. My lips pressed into a line as I grimaced at the ugly scar on my leg.

"Ya' leg alright?" Daryl looked down at me as I sat on the floor glaring at my new scar.

"Got the 'ok' from the doc. But it still stings like a bitch when putting this shit on." I grit my teeth as I try to apply it. "Fuck sake." I curse, "I can't do it." I threw the bottle of ointment across the forest floor which we had been sleeping in for a few days. Daryl sits beside me and grabs my ointment.

"Here." He tells me as he puts my leg across his lap, "I'll do it, you big pussy." He then gingerly puts some ointment on his fingers.

"For your information, I do not have a big pussy." I told him, "Unless you like that?" Smirking, I look at Daryl who shakes his head at me. I loved to piss this man off.

"Stop. That ain't what I mean." He shakes his head at me with a smile. He begins to softly apply the ointment to my leg as I try not to groan in pain.

"So you do like big pussy's?" I tease. Daryl grunts at me and rubs his fingers across my burn as I groan in pain. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" I ask.

He shrugged at me, "Don't know what ya' talking about." My jaw drops open dramatically as I playfully hit his arm.

"Asshole." I shoot at him.

"At least I ain't got a big pussy." He snaps back with a smirk.

"Might need some proof of that." I wink at him as he moves my leg off him and returns my ointment to me. "Come on. Whip it out." I smile at him. He shakes his head at me and looks down.

"Stop." Daryl looks away.

"Why are you insecure about it?" I tease him, "Does your big fat puss have a big fat bush?" Daryl jerks forward as he snorts at me. He nods.

"Course." He rolls his eyes, "I'm growing it out."

"Can I braid it? You can braid mine as well." I suggest wiggling my brows at him. Standing up, he tries to hide his smile in his hands as he looks away. I grab his hand as I lift myself off the floor which makes him look down at my hand for a moment. His eyes don't leave until I let go of his hand and then he glances at my face. Lifting a brow at him, my face distorts into a confused state. "You alright?" I ask. What was up with this guy and physical contact? Gulping, he nods at me as he looks away.