twelve.

~~TW: mentions of SA. please if you are uncomfortable please do not hesitate to skip some of this chapter.~~

 ~also i'm so sorry about not updating since forever ago I have majorly lacked motivation lol.~

"Mom." I call down the stairs with Miles in my arms. "Mom." I say again but softly this time as I begin to make my way downstairs. Smash! My heart beats faster as I rush down the stairs. What the hell? "Mom?" I asked and another bang crashed. Walking into the living room, my Mom lay on the floor holding her face as he spat at her. The floor was covered in bottles, some smashed. Stepping backward, he throws another punch right at my Mom as she weeps on the floor. "Stop it!" I yell and grab his arm as I grip Miles in my arms. His arm spins around and hits me right in the face, just missing Miles' head. I yelp in pain as he stuns me backward. Miles lets out a helpless cry as he senses something is wrong. I gingerly put him down in the travel cot beside me.

Then he lifts his arm to kick her again but I grab his arm again and he hits me harder this time. I fall to the floor, my vision blurred and I felt warm blood trickling down my face. I could barely breathe, my nose felt like it's been crushed. The pain was blinding, and I felt a mixture of shock and anger as I tried to muster the courage to stand back up. He then grabs me by the top of my shirt and lifts me up. "You little bitch." He hits me in the face again and I fall onto the floor harshly. The side of my head instantly stinging causing my eyes to water, involuntarily. He yanks me up by my arm roughly and throws me in the downstairs closet.

My body harshly comes in contact with the crowded closet filled with shit no one needed. Stuff that had been hazily brushed in there to keep the house looking clean from Child Protective Services. He shouts a series of profanities at me before slamming the door. The door handle jiggles a few times to make sure that the door was securely locked.

Blood drips down from my nose as I sit in a ball and weep on the cold floor. Miles screams outside the door as his father slams the front door exiting the house. Trying for the door handle, I tried my hardest to open it but it wouldn't budge. Every one of Miles' screams is like a squeeze to my heart causing it to weaken.

Miles is out there,alone. Without me. Mom won't comfort him like I can. He hates her. I never knew for a child to hate their Mother so young like he does. Maybe he can sense her energy. Sense she isn't a good person or never has been a good person. "Miley, be quiet." I hear my Mum try to coo him from his cries.

"Mom." I bang on the door. Silence. "Mom?" I ask, "Mom." I shout. I stand by the door and hit it trying to get her to acknowledge me. I screw my eyebrows as my eyes become teary again. I stare at the door trying not to admit my weakness to her. That would be a stupid thing to do in front of someone like her. "Mommy?" My voice cracks as I bang on the door again. I put my ear next to the door and heard she was talking to Miles softly.

She ignored me.

"Mom." I cry out for her, "Please let me out." I croak in a small voice as I slide down the floor. Pulling my knees into my chest, I stare forwards trying to hide my weeps for her to recognise me.

I'm all alone.

Again.

Gasping, I jolt forwards, my shoulder immediately throbbing in pain. Such terrible, tormenting agony. The pain pulsated in every pore of my body not helping clear the dizzy feeling in my head. The freezing floor beneath me creeps up back and I feel goosebumps begin to raise on my arms. The trifling blanket of cold begins to wrap around me. With a harsh pull of my good arm, I try to bring it up to rub my bumpy arms in an effort to warm myself up from Boreas' wrap.