eleven.

My legs felt like two anvils as I raced through the town. My breath had said bye bye a while ago and I wasn't sure if I was even alive at this point. My body was tearing up about the amount of cardio it had endured in the last 15 minutes. 3 hours at the gym never had me feeling like this. My throat heaves as I try my hardest to take a breath with every few steps I take. This was the closest my throat has ever felt like my vagina. Dry and on the brink of retirement.

My clothes were soaked in the tears of my body and splattered blood from walkers who tried to make my exhausted body into their lunch. Beads of sweat raced down my face as if they were at a Formula 1 race. My chest beats like a drum as walkers tail us through the city. This was supposed to be a simple run for essentials before we stopped off at our next stop but of course, for us it was never simple.

"This way." I call. Maggie and Glenn trail right beind me with Charlie in tow. Daryl runs behind them shooting a few walkers as they threatened to grab him. We all cut the corner and spot another group of walkers staggering towards us. Shit. Gulping, I lift my gun up and look around for a different route. If we went that way, we'd be cut off by walkers and get eaten alive. If we went the other way, we would also end up served in a Michelin star restaurant for the walkers moaning towards us. I rub my face in panic.

Spotting a steel door behind a high, silver fence, I bit my lip in frustration. There isn't a guarantee it will open but we are going to have to try. Either try and survive or just stand here and wait to be gobbled up like some jelly. "Over this fence," I shout to them. We all run over to the high fence which covered a dead-end alley covered by buildings.

Daryl takes cover as Glenn lifts Maggie up the fence. I retrieve my axe from my belt and take down some walkers with Daryl, trying to save my bullets just in case. "Come on." Charlie yells at us. Looking behind me, the other three are on the other side of the fence.

"Go." Daryl says. I hit another walker as it staggers towards us.

"But-" I begin.

"No buts. Go on." He yells at me. Huffing, I reluctantly climb up the fence and drop myself on the other side.

"Come on, Daryl." I pull my gun out, ready to cover him. He doesn't listen and keeps shooting walkers in the head with his crossbow. The herd hears my screams and begins to stagger over to Daryl causing him to stagger backwards in shock. Fuck sake. "Come on." I tell him, "Please. Daryl." I beg, shooting a few walkers once they inched too close to him. Shooting a few more walkers, he throws his crossbow over his shoulder and begins to climb the fence. Charlie takes out his gun and begins to shoot walkers with me as Maggie and Glenn stand behind us ready if we need them. Daryl gets halfway up the fence before a walker grabs his ankle causing him to loose his footing.

I go to shoot my gun but it just clicks. "Fuck." I mutter. I need to reload. Grabbing a knife, I lean through the small gap in the wired fence and hit the walker right in between his eyebrows. Daryl kicks the walker down and throws himself over the fence. He wobbles as he doesn't land properly. Throwing my arms around him, I choke out a relieved sigh. "It didn't bite you, did it?" I gasp, letting go of him and holding his biceps. He stays quite. "Daryl?" I ask, worried.

"Nah." He tells me rubbing my hand. I smile slightly and take my arms off him. Walkers begin to rattle the fence as they moan at the sight of us. I don't blame them. If I was staring at Daryl, I'd probably moan too.

"The fence won't stay up for long." Glenn tells us. That was true. There was more walkers here than the amount of dirty thoughts I've had in the past week. Which was a whole lot. Moving towards the steel door, I get into stance outside with my axe in my hand. "Formation." I call out and everyone gets into the formation which we have been practicing. Please open. Please get us out of here. I haven't got to ride Daryl like a motorbike yet.