What Do You Want?

A few days passed, the team was working hard for Fitz to win and decided everyone needed a night off. Olivia, Cyrus, and Mellie were sitting at a restaurant table while Fitz went to grab drinks for the four of them. The three of them sat there, whispering about Defiance since Fitz wasn't around , "One word, all you had to say was 'Yes'!" Mellie whispered a little loudly, trying not to yell, "I did what I thought was best Mellie, he's going to do this, just.. give it time" Liv replied and sighed loudly.

"We don't have time!" Mel whispered through her teeth, angry about the fact that they were far behind Reston and had an opportunity to win. Liv rolled her eyes slightly and leaned back in her chair as Fitz walked back over to them and placed the drinks on the table, "Here you guys go" he said sweetly and smiled, they all mumbled a 'Thank you', clearly annoyed or angry about something.

Fitz raised his eyebrow and sat back down next to Mellie, she grabbed his hand and kissed him softly, Livvie looked over at them for a second before looking down and taking a big sip of her red wine. Fitz put on a fake smile and drunk some of his scotch while staying quiet with Olivia while Mellie and Cyrus talked about whatever, Livvie and Fitz stealing glances every once and a while.

She cleared her throat and stood up, excusing herself to the bathroom, she closed the door behind her and locked it as tears spilled down her cheeks, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She walked over to the mirror and sink and wiped her eyes carefully and looked at herself in the mirror, "Get it together" she said to herself, upset about the fact that she was jealous about Fitz and Mellie and had no right to be.

She freshened herself up before exiting the bathroom and heading back to the table, seeing the food arrived, she sat down putting on a fake smile and started eating with the rest of the group. They all made small talk, Olivia talking to Cyrus for a little bit while trying to ignore Fitz's foot rubbing against her calf. She looked over at him while sipping her wine, he sneaked in a small wink before turning his attention back to Cyrus and Mellie, she blushed slightly and continued eating her dinner.

Once everyone was done, they decided to split the bill before heading out of the restaurant and walking back to the hotel where everyone was staying for the campaign including the rest of the team. They made their way to their rooms in different directions, saying 'Goodnight' to each other before entering their rooms and going to sleep for the night.

It was around '3AM' when Olivia heard a knock on her hotel door making her stir in the bed and open her eyes slowly, she groaned quietly and checked the time, wondering who the hell was at her door at this time. She stood up and grabbed her robe, putting it on and tying it while walking to the door. She checked through the peephole, hesitating before unlocking the door and opening it.

Fitz looked down at her with a smile on his face and his hands in his pockets, Liv looked up at him and rubbed her eyes, "What are you doing here Fitz?" she whispered and leaned against the door frame tiredly, "I wanted to see my girlfriend" he replied and bit his lip a little, "At 3 in the morning?" she chuckled and walked back to the bed as he walked in and closed the door behind him, locking it, "Yes, at 3 in the morning".

She sighed and sat on her bed after untying her robe and placing it on the couch near the bed, leaving her in her pajama shorts and tank top. He watched her and slowly walked over to her, he stood in front of her and grabbed her chin gently, making her look up at him, she bit her lip and looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

He leaned down and placed a small kiss on her lips, she sighed happily and wrapped her arms around his neck, he smiled against her lips and laid her down, she looked at him and leaned back up "Fitz, we can't" she sighed and looked down, remembering what happened at dinner and the jealousy filling her body.

"Livvie.. come on, we've been through this" he sighed and rubbed his forehead as he sat down next to her, she played with the gold ring he gave her and teared up a little but quickly blinked her tears back, she looked over at him, "What do you want?" she asked and he looked over at her confused "What?", "What do YOU want Fitz? Do you want to be President? Do you want to divorce Mellie? What do YOU want for your future?" she asked seriously, wanting to know the answer and not get her feelings played with by a man.

He looked at her shocked and confused before taking her hand and sighing deeply "I want you.. I-I want a future with you. I want to divorce Mellie and be with you" he nodded and kissed her hand gently, as much as she appreciated his words, she knew he couldn't have her and be President, "Fitz.. you know you can't be with me and be President, it would set a bad example and be chaos". He looked down at her hand in his and smiled before looking back at her eyes "Then I choose you, I choose you Livvie". She looked at him shocked and shook her head "Fitz n-".

He interrupted her and pulled her closer to him "Olivia.. I want you, I want you more than anything even being President, you're the most important thing to me and you're the love of my life". She teared up as she listened to his words, she put her hand on his cheeks and sniffled slightly, "I want to be with you too" she whispered before kissing him softly, holding his hand and caressing his cheek with her other hand.

Smiling happily against each other's lips, whispering 'I love you's' between kisses, holding each other tightly in her hotel bed, never wanting to let go while the sun rises, shining through the curtains as they ignored the rest of the world, just focusing on each other and showing as much love as they could in the moment.