I Want Vermont With You

"Thank you for calling me Livvie.. I miss you so much" he sighed and looked down, alone in the hotel room, "I miss you too" she whispered and took another sip of her wine. He smiled as he heard she was drinking something, "Wine?" he asked which made her chuckle, "How did you know?", "Because I know you Livvie".

That made her heart skip a beat.. he knew her.. no one knew her, not even her closest friends. She smiled and looked down at the ring he gave her, a special ring so close to his and her heart, "I know you too Fitzgerald" she used his full name which made them laugh, the sounds of their beautiful laughter filled both their rooms.

The laughter slowly died down and they both stayed silenced until Fitz spoke up, "I told Mellie that I want a divorce and that.. I'm in love with another woman", the conversation became more serious quickly. "Does.. does she know it's me?" Liv asked, a little scared, "No.. not yet but she will once we start being more open about our relationship".

She nodded a little, putting her glass down and sighed deeply "I'm scared" she admitted but quietly, "I'm scared too Liv, I really am" he replied and laid back on the bed, crossing his legs. "This will all be over soon and then we can see each other" she smiled and laid down on her couch, thinking about the future.. their future.

He smiled and looked down at his wedding ring, thinking about seeing a different one but this time he was going to marry the real love of his life. "I can't wait.." he closed his eyes and sighed before continuing ".. I want Vermont with you". She smiled widely and thought about their plan, their future, "You're the mayor and I stay home with our kids, making jam".

"Gosh.. I will be the luckiest and happiest man in the world", she chuckled softly and smiled, they stayed silent for a little while, enjoying their time together. "Come over.. Come back here Livvie, I need to see you" he whispered, missing the feeling of her in his arm.

"Fitz.. you know I can't, as much as I would like to, it's a bad idea" she frowned a little, also missing the feelings of him, "I know.. I know, I just.. I need you Livvie", he sighed sadly and sat up on the bed, feeling sad and lost without his girlfriend here with him. She closed her eyes and thought hard before replying to him, "Where is Mellie?", "She's at home, she was too angry to stay at the hotel with me" he answered.

"I'll see you tomorrow" she said before hanging up.