|CHAPTER-7|

Armani's POV

i have a daughter. Thats all i have could think for the last few hours and now that we were in front of the hospital it all felt real. It hasn't been easy these past few hours. After arriving in Denver, we booked into a hotel nearby and proceeded to our rooms to relax, but I wasn't able to do so the entire night, and I'm sure my wife and sons experienced the same thing.Since the conversation at the dinner table, none of us have talked to each other.

I sincerely hope that this child is in fact my daughter because, i can't bear to think what i will do if she is not. 

All of us got up at six o'clock and prepared to leave for the hospital.My wife made us eat breakfast before we left, and here we are where my daughter might be.

When we  arrived at the hospital, a police officer was waiting at the front desk. He approached us as soon as he saw us, stood in front of me, and extended his hand to shake. He introduced himself as Officer Rowan, the person I had previously spoken with.I couldn't give a damn who he was; all I wanted to do was see the girl.

I said blankly, "Where is she?"

He answered confidently, "Yes sir, I'll take you to meet her, but before you do, her doctor and I have something we need to discuss with you guys." I nodded. He then started walking, and we followed. When we arrived at the intended floor, I observed that it was quite silent despite it being a floor for kids it had painted walls featuring a variety of animals and other items. There were guards posted around the rooms, but they were dressed casually.A doctor emerged from a room and moved towards us when she noticed us..We followed Officer Rowan as he approached her and told her that we were Enisha's family.

 she said, "I'm Evelyn, Enisha's doctor. I want to discuss her condition with you, but before that, I want to warn you. Please don't speak too loudly on this floor. This floor is for kids who have trauma, so it can be triggering."

I nodded but my heart sank hearing that my baby might be suffering from trauma.

Mauro cut her off just as she was about to begin, asking "If you don't mind while we are talking here, can our doctor take her sample for a DNA test""Her room is K–12, so there must be a nurse there. Please let her know why you are there, and she will help you", she agreed, looking perplexed.With that our doctor left for her room.

She sighed and gave Rowan a look, who then turned to face my wife and I and said, "Your daughter --" Agostino snorted, "possible daughter," and the officer frowned at him."Ok, your "possible" daughter was in an accident yesterday; she was on the road and didn't notice a car coming towards her, although the car didn't hit her she passed out on the road, and the driver had already left the scene when I arrived.I brought her to the hospital for treatment ; there wasn't a serious injury other than a cut on her head."Doctor Evelyn added, "When she arrived, we changed her clothes and found that she had bruises and scars all over her body.She's been abused for at least two years or more.

She needed to have surgery for broken ribs.Since she had been abused we put her on this floor after surgery just in case she shows ptsd symptoms but she hasn't shown any symptoms till now  except nightmares though it would be better if  you be careful around her and make sure not to anything that may trigger her possibly things like yell around her or talk about punishment or stuff but even if she doesn't show any symptoms it will be better if you took her to a physcologist after she gets discharged from here.Also she is severly malnourished . I don't think they used to feed her more than 3 or 4 times a week.You will also have to get her into a proper diet.She can be discharged tomorrow".

She then glanced at Rowan to continue "At first we believed maybe her family was abusing her.But after she awoke, when I questioned her, she revealed that she had been trying to find her parents while fleeing from a man she had called Sir, who had abused her; she only knew their first names.