|CHAPTER-22|

I wasn't planning on giving a double update today..............but since you guys asked so nicely.(see i'm such a generous author😗............or well maybe not *evil smirk*)

Here it is

hope you enjoy it

 Benigno's POV:

"Mom, I'm bored. Where is Enisha?" I whine as I walk into the living room, expecting Mom and Dad to be there.

As I enter, I am shocked by the sight... the rest of our family is sprawled all over the room.

"Holy... you guys are back!" I yell happily as I run to Vincenzo and fist bump him, then do the same with Fabiano and Leonardo

"Hello Benigno, where is everyone?" Aunt Sarah says as she comes and hugs me.

"Well, I don't know," I shrug as she breaks the hug and Nonna comes and hugs me.

"You have grown up, boy," she says, pressing my cheeks.

"Benigno, why were you swearing and shouting? Didn't we tell you not to do that... she could get scared," Mom says as she walks in with Dad, followed by Mauro who was on a call.

As soon as they notice the people in the living room, all three of them freeze.

"You were supposed to be back next week," Dad says, paling a bit.

Oh wait, they don't know about Enisha

". Are you not happy we are here, boy?" Abuela says, her hands on her hips.

"No, of course we are happy, Mama. It's just that you should've informed us," Mom answers back for him, keeping her composure.

"We thought it would be a good idea to surprise you," Abuelo says as he hugs Mom.

All of us greet each other and settle down, and Mom and Dad start getting nervous.

"Aunt, where are Alex and Agostino?" Emiliano asks, smiling.

"Alexander is working in his home office, and Agostino is most probably playing video games in his room," Mauro answers simply.

"Well, why was there a kid roaming around in the house?" Valentino asks, his voice turning icy

Ever since we watched that video two years ago, each of us has avoided toddlers because they reminded us of the person we thought we had lost. It served as a painful reminder of what she could have been like if she were still alive.

But fortunately, she is alive. However, who will break this news to everyone here? I glanced at my parents, who wore nervous expressions on their faces.

Suddenly, Alexander's voice echoed from somewhere in the hallway. "Dad, have you seen Enisha? She ran away from my office, and now I can't find her." He walked into the room, freezing for a moment upon seeing everyone's bewildered expressions. Composing himself, he cleared his throat and said, "Welcome back."

Everyone stared at him, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Marcello smirked and said, "Who is Enisha, Alexander? You never mentioned having a girlfriend."

I realized this wasn't the best way to start that conversation, but it would be better to address it directly. "About that," Dad nervously began, rubbing the back of his neck. Before he could continue, the sound of footsteps and talking interrupted him.

Agostino walked in, holding a crying Enisha in his arms. Her face was buried in his neck, and he tried to soothe her by rubbing her back and whispering something to her. "Dad, she won't stop crying, and she won't tell me why. She just keeps asking for you," he said, his complete attention still on Enisha.