c h a p t e r 2

Noah James, as in the Noah James

Noah James, as in the Noah James. The Noah James who is USA's junior boxing champion. As in the badass guy who influenced my new healthy lifestyle from the destructive lifestyle I had before. The dark, mysterious and insanely hot boxer who I had a mild crush on since forever.

"Um." That was all I could say?!

She chuckled again, "You will make our school proud if you represent us, unlike some other girls. Thank you again Taylor, here's your form that you might want to fill out now so Alicia doesn't find it and 'loose it'."

I laugh and spend the first period in the headmistress office, filling out paper work and complaining about my step family. It wasn't until recess when I saw Jordan again, out the back of the library underneath a big palm tree.

"Wait, so you're going on the show, the one everyone was going on about last year?"

I nodded and she groaned, "That means I actually have to watch it now." I chuckled along with her. She refuses to conform to what is popular.

"So, who you fighting for, I mean where are you going?"

I rolled my eyes, "The person is Noah James-"

"Hold up, Noah James, your idol?"

"He's not my idol; I just appreciate his determination, skills and hard work. Getting this far as a boxer at nineteen is incredible."

Jordan raised her eyebrow, "I reckon you could do it, you're an incredible boxer." Jordan was the only one who knew about my training and the occasional legal matches I competed in for cash, Alicia was using up all of dad's hard earned money for Botox and God knows what else.

I brushed her comment aside, "I think it is being shot in Miami this time." I told her. She glared at me, "All the way in Miami?! That's not fair; last year wasn't it here in California, now I can't visit you," she groaned, "You're leaving me alone to all the wolves." She dramatically wrapped her arms around me crushing me with her body weight as she pretended to collapse.

"Jordan, it won't be that bad. We can skype each other and you can post me your Mixtapes the old fashion way."

Jordan mixed me a lot of mix tracks and electronic music which I used to run to, and as her best friend I was always the first to listen to whatever she made; best friend privileges.

The bell rang, and Jordan uncharacteristically wrapped her arm around my shoulders as we made our way to Modern History.

**

After finishing all of the chores Alicia demanded that I do, I convinced Jordan to come over and help me pack. I was leaving in five days and I had made sure to lock my door so that my lovely sisters wouldn't try entering. This is the one time I wanted to do something for me.

My suit case was spread open the bed and Jordan was chucking anything in which she thought was 'decent' or 'hot'. With the cash I made on the sidelines, my closet was fairly limited to second hand band shirts, jeans and whatever else fit me, from the thrift shop or cheap gym clothes from Kmart.