c h a p t e r 13

My alarm had gone off and I quickly turned it off so I wouldn't wake up the other girls. I changed quickly into running clothes before my phone dinged showing that I had received a text message.

 I changed quickly into running clothes before my phone dinged showing that I had received a text message

He was standing in the lobby resting against a wall with his hands crossed over his chest. His grey hoodie was pulled up over his head hiding his but I knew it was him straight away. He looked up as I walked out of the elevator and smiled at me causing my heart to flip. I was so used to him looking angry all the time during matches or on posters that it always took me a moment to comprehend that he smiles.

"Morning sunshine!" He greeted huskily causing my insides to melt. He dragged me outside and we set off on our run. Similar to when we were camping, I followed him as he led the way. He showed me a new route which was mostly spent at the beach.

After twenty minutes he came to a stop near on the track and turned around to face me. The sun was halfway up and he gestured for me to follow him as he walked onto the beach towards a wooden beach hut. I followed him as he sat near one of them while I laid down on the sand allowing the ocean breeze to cool me down.

"This is my favourite time of day," he says quietly, "It's when I think the best." The sun was still raising casting an orange glow over the sea and land, illuminating every corner its rays touched.

"Same here," I reply.

He looks at me then, with curiosity and wonder in his eyes and I feel like I'm being analysed but not judged.

"Are you ok Taylor?" He asks, his voice encased with sincerity.

I freeze, confused but also nervous. This was going to open a whole set of questions. Questions I wasn't sure I was ready to answer. I nod, "Yeah, I'm ok. This is the best I've been in a long time."
He nods understandingly and doesn't push the matter any further. I know that he's seen my scars, and I'm grateful that he cares enough to ask but also respectful enough not to push into something I wasn't ready to talk about, in person at least. My blog is predominately a physical and health blog, however, during that time and after coming out of it, my blog had been an outlet and a journal as well as a place to give tips and advice for people who went and are going through similar things. It was the one place I could completely up.

"Come on, let's go before all the food is eaten." He hauls me up again off the ground, his rough warm hand holding my tiny hand. We set off again and make it back to the hotel grounds within 15 minutes. The minute we can be seen by anyone from the show, we split off in separate directions as we didn't want to bring any unwanted attention.

I showered once I got to my room and changed into a black swimsuit which had a low back and high cut around my thighs. I slipped white high waisted shorts over the top and put my white Nike Air Force 1's on before heading down to breakfast. I grabbed a plate of toast, avocado and poached eggs before finding Jasmine and sitting with her. The camera crew was filming bits and pieces as today was the day of the first challenge.