c h a p t e r 1 1

Make up chairs can be so uncomfortable, especially after sitting in one for an hour and a half. Anna, my make up artist for the day, was finishing up my face while Molly was curling my hair into beachy waves.

Anna had noticed the scars on my arm but didn't make a big deal about it. She quietly and kindly asked whether or not I wanted them to be covered up with some foundation and I nodded gratefully.

Finally, my makeup and hair was done but apparently I wasn't allowed to look at myself yet in the mirror. Anna disappeared and came back with a long bag hiding a dress underneath.

Anna and Molly took me behind a screen to dress me and finally when it was zipped up I was handed a pair of nude heels which were somewhat comfotable to walk in. When I finally saw myself in the mirror I was amazed.

The dress was dark red with a halter neck, leaving my back bare. Most importantly however was the material, a thin red lace with small amounts of beading strategically placed all over. The dress fit over my figure, before flowing out around my hips. My hair tumbled down in curls down my back and over my right shoulder. Finally, Anna had made my makeup natural with a touch of classic red lip stick.

For the first time in ages, I felt confident and liked what I saw in the mirror

Jordan ran in, wearing jeans, converses and an old baseball t-shirt but stopped in her tracks, "Oh my gosh Taylor, you look amazing!" She gave me a hug carefully so she wouldn't knock my hair or smudge the makeup.

"Thanks Jords," I said.

"All the girls are heading over to The Hub now but I think you missed the last bus."

Oh crap.

Anna laughed, "Sorry Taylor, here I'll just get an Uber for you." she fiddled with her phone while Jordan and I stood out by the side of the road waiting for the Uber to turn up. A white sedan eventually came speeding around the corner and pulled up beside us. I think the man was a bit puzzled as to why I was so dressed up.

Eventually we pulled up outside the Hub and I rushed into a seat just before the director called action. The theme music played and the atmosphere was so tense. Camera men were weaving in and out of the girls trying to get shots of everyone who was there.

"Good evening America, welcome to the Search for Cinderella!" Marcus boomed across the set, "Tonight, only 25 girls will be left to compete to win Noah James' heart!" Noah then appeared from behind a curtain and joined Marcus on stage.

The two of them were talking about the camping trip over the week, and how he was feeling about the show at the moment. Finally, the first set of eliminations begun and Noah was walking around to various girls handing out roses. Ten girls walked off the set, some were calm others were crying and that made me so much more nervous.

There was an ad break and a performance by a local Miami pop band which took up took up some time. I watched Noah as he was pulled back and forth between various crew members, who were all trying to look at him at once and saying something to him and he looked so overwhelmed.