e p i l o g u e

The sunshine was beaming down warming up my pale skin as I lied out on the grass

The sunshine was beaming down warming up my pale skin as I lied out on the grass. My head rested lightly on Noah's chest and his arm wrapped around my waist. His head was buried in my neck and I could feel his breath blow my hair lightly. I could hear the ocean waves in the background crash along the shore and the birds singing in the sky.

This is what happiness feels like, lying in the sun with the boy I loved.

Things had begun to change in my life for the better and I was surrounded by, for the first time in such a long time, a group of amazing and encouraging people that kept pushing me to keep going and pursue my goals. My dad had sold the house in Beverley Hills after settling his divorce with Alicia in Court. She couldn't afford to pay us back so he got all the money from the sale of the house while she got nothing. He decided to move back to San Diego, and somehow our little cottage was still for sale and it was cheaper from the last time we came here as no one wanted to buy it. Now that my dad was home I didn't even want to leave home anymore. I ended up applying to a majority of colleges along the West Coast, but of course, I applied to my dream college at Stanford and at Noah's university in Miami. The results were supposed to be released this week and I was nervous to hear back from them, but I wasn't anxious. Whatever happens can happen because I learned that everything happens for a reason, and often times for a better reason.

Noah and I went on the big date a month ago and spent the next day recovering from all the food we ate and the dancing we did. I was lucky to see Anna again who did me up for the ball. I felt like Cinderella in the beautiful blue gown she chose for me. It was a lot of fun and it was also really nice to meet Noah's dad for the first time who was also really lovely.

 It was a lot of fun and it was also really nice to meet Noah's dad for the first time who was also really lovely

Noah pressed a light kiss on my neck before he sat up and the back door opened. Dad walked out with a pile of paperwork in his hand and smiled at me.

"Here you go kiddo," he smiled as he handed me the envelope.

On the front was a Stanford University symbol and my heart began to race. I slowly opened the envelope as Noah rubbed his thumb in circles on the bottom of my spine comfortingly.

Dear Taylor,

As a tribute to your extraordinary achievements as a student and scholar, it gives me great pleasure to inform that your application has been approved for admission to Stanford...

I did it.

I couldn't even stop the overwhelming tears that formed in my eyes as I launched myself into my dad's arms. I couldn't help but laugh as he spun me around me. He eventually put me down on the ground and Noah wrapped his arms around me as well.

"Congratulations baby, I'm so proud of you," he whispered before pressing his lips to my forehead.

"Let's celebrate sweetheart, I'm going to go turn the barbeque on and invite some friends over," dad said before affectionately messing my hair up and walking back inside.

Noah looked at me with a big smile on his face, I could see how he proud he was by just looking into his eyes.

Noah still had a year left at Miami so he would have to stay there to finish his studies. As if he could read my mind he shook his head without the smile leaving his face, "This isn't going to change anything baby girl. You're it for me, ok?"

I grin at his cuteness and just nod my head, "Ok."

Noah sat back on the grass and pulled me onto his lap as if I barely weighed anything. He then pulled out a jewellery box from his pocket. My heart stopped for a moment before I realised it was too big to be an engagement ring box. I mean one day – hell yeah, but I'm 18 people I can't get married right now.

"I got this as a mini congratulations present," Noah says warmly but then smirks and in a teasing tone says, "But I also got it so that when people ask you at college where you got this from you can tell them that your boyfriend got it for you."

He opens the velvet box and inside was a beautiful bracelet. The band was similar to mesh metal watch strap, but instead of a clock face, there was a silver pair of boxing gloves.

 The band was similar to mesh metal watch strap, but instead of a clock face, there was a silver pair of boxing gloves

"Oh my god Noah, it's beautiful."

He took out and clasped it around my left wrist before kissing my knuckles lightly.

He smirks again, "Next piece of jewellery I give you will be an engagement ring, don't you worry Tay." 

A/N: I can't believe this is over! It sure has been a long time coming and I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for sticking with this story for so long. 

I love you all so much and hope to see ya'll again on new stories x

|Royal Blood - Coming June 1|